Heavy Music Thread

hi8is

In the first ever ( and highly successful ) soxtalk music thread I started around 2004 - many people voiced an affinity for heavy stuff.

Bands like tool, opeth, pantera, system of a down, nin inch nails, etc. etc.

We'll I've recently found out about a band that is cool and fits with those kinds of tastes.

Check em out at: http://www.pointzeroband.com

Let me know what you think =)

Word.

-the old drunk guy.

I have gotten so out of metal in the last 3 or 4 years. It takes a lot for me to give you a consistent listen, but the ones that make it:

Every Time I Die - Keith is the best lyricist in Metal today. Period.

The Dillinger Escape Plan - If only for the insane live show.

Converge - What they do every album amazes me. They stay relatively the same but remain fresh at the same time.

Between the Buried and Me - The last album might have gone a little too proggy, but I still enjoy the hell out of them.

Misery Signals - I miss the old singer, but they can still be brutal when they want to be.

HORSE the Band - Funniest Metal Band Ever.

All That Remains - Phil has the best scream in Metal. Haven't given the new album many spins though.

Machine Head - First Metal band I ever really got into, they've had some down years early in the decade, but The Blackening rules.

QUOTE (Cali @ Dec 13, 2008 -> 03:41 AM)
I have gotten so out of metal in the last 3 or 4 years. It takes a lot for me to give you a consistent listen, but the ones that make it:

Every Time I Die - Keith is the best lyricist in Metal today. Period.

The Dillinger Escape Plan - If only for the insane live show.

Converge - What they do every album amazes me. They stay relatively the same but remain fresh at the same time.

Between the Buried and Me - The last album might have gone a little too proggy, but I still enjoy the hell out of them.

Misery Signals - I miss the old singer, but they can still be brutal when they want to be.

HORSE the Band - Funniest Metal Band Ever.

All That Remains - Phil has the best scream in Metal. Haven't given the new album many spins though.

Machine Head - First Metal band I ever really got into, they've had some down years early in the decade, but The Blackening rules.

All That Remains is awesome

Metal is pretty much the majority of what I listen to, I love it