Personal Trade Speculation

DaTank

With the Yanks losing Abreu, they need a RFer. So wouldn't a Dye for Ian Kennedy or Phil Hughes trade make sense for both teams? The Yanks would have no problem eating Dye's contract, and we would get the young starter we want in Kennedy or Hughes. It makes no sense for the Yanks to keep both of Kennedy and Hughes around (or ruining their careers by making them relievers). With the Yanks already signing CC and agreeing to terms with Burnett, it seems like they'll have a clot of starters. I also think they will sign one of Lowe or Sheets as well. Thoughts?

QUOTE (jenks45monster @ Dec 12, 2008 -> 05:49 PM)
With the Yanks losing Abreu, they need a RFer. So wouldn't a Dye for Ian Kennedy or Phil Hughes trade make sense for both teams? The Yanks would have no problem eating Dye's contract, and we would get the young starter we want in Kennedy or Hughes. It makes no sense for the Yanks to keep both of Kennedy and Hughes around (or ruining their careers by making them relievers). With the Yanks already signing CC and agreeing to terms with Burnett, it seems like they'll have a clot of starters. I also think they will sign one of Lowe or Sheets as well. Thoughts?

They did just ask for money from the Brewers in the proposed deal for Cameron, just sayin.

They do have Gardner, Swisher, Matsui, Damon, Cabrera still, so they arent exactly desperate for one. Maybe they feel Dye would be a firstbasemen/RF for them? It is possible, I just dont see it happening.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 12, 2008 -> 04:56 PM)
They did just ask for money from the Brewers in the proposed deal for Cameron, just sayin.

They do have Gardner, Swisher, Matsui, Damon, Cabrera still, so they arent exactly desperate for one. Maybe they feel Dye would be a firstbasemen/RF for them? It is possible, I just dont see it happening.

Did that cabera-cameron trade not happen?

Edited by Markbilliards

How about Xavier Nady and George Kontos?

Or hell, maybe we could pry Johnny Damon away and play him in LF while solving our lead-off problems.

1. Johnny Damon - LF

2. Lillibridge/Getz - 2b

3. Carlos Quentin - RF

4. Jim Thome - DH

5. Paul Konerko - 1b

6. Alexei Ramirez - SS

7. A.J. Pierzynski - C

8. Josh Fields - 3b

9. Brian Anderson - CF

That's actually a nice line up with a lot of upside.

Edited by Jimmywins1

QUOTE (jenks45monster @ Dec 12, 2008 -> 10:49 PM)

Are we suddenly desperate to trade Jermaiune Dye? One of the better clutch hitters and quiet leader and an above average fielde and we give him to the Yankmees for an underperformng pitcher!? I hope we keep JD

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Dec 14, 2008 -> 05:33 PM)
Are we suddenly desperate to trade Jermaiune Dye? One of the better clutch hitters and quiet leader and an above average fielde and we give him to the Yankmees for an underperformng pitcher!? I hope we keep JD

Like Homer Bailey hasn't underperformed? I'm going by potential.

I think the consensus around the league right now is that Phil Hughes is more likely to settle into the major leagues as a 4/5 starter and that 1/2/3 was being a bit unrealistic/overhyped.

Still, you could have said the same things about Gavin Floyd or even John Danks heading into 2008 and been correct...or that nobody expected Jose Contreras to go from an ERA of nearly 5 in NYC to the best pitcher in the game of baseball in the span of 18 months.