Hanging with Mr. Cooper... Daniel Cabrera non-tendered

caulfield12

That would seem to be the situation right now....still combing Seattle Times for any news on Bedard, two hours to go.

I been hoping all day that Seattle will non tender Bedard.. He would be a great fit for our rotation if he is healthy

All signs pointed to a contract offer for Bedard if he was going to be able to pitch in the first half of 2009....

Daniel Cabrera

Denny Bautista

Ty Wigginton (I'm sure the Twins will be in on him) and Reggie Abercrombie (another KW reclamation project?)

Jonny Gomes (ditto?)

Willy Taveras (see one of about 40 threads here on him)

Takashi Saito, Scott Proctor, Yhency Brazoban, Angel Berroa

Clay Hensley and Charlie Haeger (ex-Sox)

Chris Britton and Justin Christian

Tim Redding (ex-Sox)

C. Trent Rosecrans e-mails that the Reds will not tender contracts to Matt Belisle or Gary Majewski. (ex-Sox)

Chris Capuano (perhaps interesting to KW)

Kevin Cash (another possible back-up to AJ?)

Chuck James

Chris Burke

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 12, 2008 -> 09:16 PM)
All signs pointed to a contract offer for Bedard if he was going to be able to pitch in the first half of 2009....

Daniel Cabrera

Denny Bautista

Ty Wigginton (I'm sure the Twins will be in on him) and Reggie Abercrombie (another KW reclamation project?)

Jonny Gomes (ditto?)

Willy Taveras (see one of about 40 threads here on him)

Takashi Saito, Scott Proctor, Yhency Brazoban, Angel Berroa

Clay Hensley and Charlie Haeger (ex-Sox)

Chris Britton and Justin Christian

Tim Redding (ex-Sox)

C. Trent Rosecrans e-mails that the Reds will not tender contracts to Matt Belisle or Gary Majewski. (ex-Sox)

Chris Capuano (perhaps interesting to KW)

Kevin Cash (another possible back-up to AJ?)

Chuck James

Chris Burke

i would be interested in those

Chris Capuano had the 2nd ligament replacement (Tommy John) surgery of his career in mid May, I doubt he'll be a factor for anyone this season.

Chuck James had rotator cuff and labrum surgery in September so he'll be worthless until August at the earliest. He's also a big time flyball pitcher so he'd be a bad fit even if healthy.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Dec 12, 2008 -> 09:52 PM)
Chris Capuano had the 2nd ligament replacement (Tommy John) surgery of his career in mid May, I doubt he'll be a factor for anyone this season.

Chuck James had rotator cuff and labrum surgery in September so he'll be worthless until August at the earliest. He's also a big time flyball pitcher so he'd be a bad fit even if healthy.

He should be ready to start throwing in Feb. He should pitch most of the season for someone.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Dec 12, 2008 -> 09:40 PM)
If we picked up Cabrera, do you all realize that we would be the most frustrating and worst use of stuff since Danny Wright? Maybe take a chance on him, but he sucks.

Danny Wrong was a mistake of the BC era (Before Coop). As long as Coop is the pitching coach, I have faith.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 13, 2008 -> 12:44 AM)
former Sox fan favorite Jamie Burke was non-tendered by the M's, totally expected move...even though Clement and Johjima are a complete mess.

From what I understand, Clement will spend most of his time at 1B in the near future.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Dec 12, 2008 -> 11:49 PM)
Do the Astros really stand to benefit from not tendering to Wigginton? The guy had a a good season last year, can play multiple positions, and their best other option is Blum.

Man, if Wigginton is non-tendered, then I hope KW snatches him in a heartbeat. I'd prefer Wigginton at 2nd base instead of Getz/Nix/Lillibridge.