SNL

Princess Dye

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Dec 13, 2008 -> 10:29 PM)
that damn cubs fan is making us look pretty dumb.

Illinois is pretty dumb..... at least when it comes to voting. When Ryan and Blago ran for Governor, it was well known to Illinoisan's that both were being investigated for crimes commited while holding public office but Illinoisan's had to stick to voting those party lines. And don't even get me started on the Jesse Jackson Jr.'s, Luis Gutierrez's, and Todd Stroger's of Cook County.

Illinois voters deserve every rib we get cause we're some dummies.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Dec 14, 2008 -> 01:11 AM)
If it's any consolation they skewered the heck out of NY Governor Patterson, as well

Which is strange because he seems to be doing a good job. I haven't heard any complaints about him.

Of course, SNL decided to make fun of him for being blind which is pretty low.

QUOTE (G&T @ Dec 14, 2008 -> 08:49 AM)
Which is strange because he seems to be doing a good job. I haven't heard any complaints about him.

Of course, SNL decided to make fun of him for being blind which is pretty low.

Dude, he has a laundry list of things he's done... hence the entire sketch.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 15, 2008 -> 12:18 PM)
Dude, he has a laundry list of things he's done... hence the entire sketch.

I have no problem with them bringing up his drug abuse, etc. I don't really understand why they'd have him wondering the set.

And he hasn't done anything to piss anyone off since becoming governor, so I found it strange.

QUOTE (CubKilla @ Dec 13, 2008 -> 11:53 PM)
Illinois is pretty dumb..... at least when it comes to voting. When Ryan and Blago ran for Governor, it was well known to Illinoisan's that both were being investigated for crimes commited while holding public office but Illinoisan's had to stick to voting those party lines. And don't even get me started on the Jesse Jackson Jr.'s, Luis Gutierrez's, and Todd Stroger's of Cook County.

TRUTH

QUOTE (CubKilla @ Dec 13, 2008 -> 11:53 PM)

Not to mention Rich Daley getting 80% of the vote in every election...

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 15, 2008 -> 12:46 PM)
Not to mention Rich Daley getting 80% of the vote in every election...

Daley will keep getting re-elected for the rest of his life as long as he keeps getting results for the city... give people that and they'll look past fact that he's obviously a crook, as long as he doesn't get caught red-handed in anything. It sounds simple, but that's a lot to ask for in IL.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 15, 2008 -> 11:51 AM)
Daley will keep getting re-elected for the rest of his life as long as he keeps getting results for the city... give people that and they'll look past fact that he's obviously a crook, as long as he doesn't get caught red-handed in anything. It sounds simple, but that's a lot to ask for in IL.

The thing is that his results have resulted in record taxes and fees, and he still manages to keep getting votes. Its crazy.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 15, 2008 -> 02:12 PM)
The thing is that his results have resulted in record taxes and fees, and he still manages to keep getting votes. Its crazy.

There's never really much in the way of competition, either. Same goes for Gov. usually.

i was sharing the Daley idea with some friends of mine.. someone above hit the nail on the head. As long as the streets are clean, parks are beautiful, etc he will keep getting elected. People would rather have a corrupt mayor who gets stuff done, than an honest guy who is in over their heads.

Here's the difference...

Hot Rod was caught red-handed because he was directing the corruption first hand.

Daley is smart enough to put a 2 to 3 levels of people between him and the corruption. Plus, the media LOOOOVES Daley (or scared of him, or both).