• Heisman
    • Nobel in your field
    • Booker Award
    • Hall of Fame in your sport
    • Pulitzer
    • Publisher's Clearinghouse
    • Pellas-Ryder Award
    • 50,000 Posts on Soxtalk

I was going to vote "hall of fame" but then decided to go with the most exclusive one (that I've heard of anyway), and that's the Heisman. Only 73 people have ever won that award compared to countless others for the nobel, pulitzer, hall of fame, etc. I went for the exclusivity. And something that wouldn't take years of research only to be followed up with using your winnings to do more research (e.g. Nobel). Though, on the flip side, it would be hard to argue with being able to say, "Yeah, I won the Nobel Prize for Medicine when I cured ____." Winning a Heisman pales in comparison to curing people of illness.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Dec 16, 2008 -> 12:54 PM)
I was going to vote "hall of fame" but then decided to go with the most exclusive one (that I've heard of anyway), and that's the Heisman. Only 73 people have ever won that award compared to countless others for the nobel, pulitzer, hall of fame, etc. I went for the exclusivity. And something that wouldn't take years of research only to be followed up with using your winnings to do more research (e.g. Nobel). Though, on the flip side, it would be hard to argue with being able to say, "Yeah, I won the Nobel Prize for Medicine when I cured ____." Winning a Heisman pales in comparison to curing people of illness.

Oh sweet pea, if you win a nobel people will be falling over themselves to give you money for your research. And labs that win Nobels are not hurting for money beforehand.

Although a Heisman would certainly be much less work to win in the first place. And far less influenced by politics.

QUOTE (Soxy @ Dec 16, 2008 -> 12:09 PM)
Oh sweet pea, if you win a nobel people will be falling over themselves to give you money for your research. And labs that win Nobels are not hurting for money beforehand.

Although a Heisman would certainly be much less work to win in the first place. And far less influenced by politics.

Although not nearly as relevant as a nobel prize, the Heisman is influenced largely by politics. BS being spread by networks like ESPN almost won Tim Tebow a Heisman Trophy he was the 4th or 5th best candidate for this year.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Dec 16, 2008 -> 11:54 AM)

If you want exclusivity, you want 50,000 posts on Soxtalk.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 16, 2008 -> 01:39 PM)
If you want exclusivity, you want 50,000 posts on Soxtalk.

:lol: :notworthy I thought about that. At my rate, I've had almost 4,000 posts in 5 years. So, I'll hit 50,000 in about 62 years, aka when I'm 82 years old. I wonder if Jason will still be running this site then... On that note, who's gonna be the first person will be to 1,000,000 posts?

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (Soxy @ Dec 16, 2008 -> 12:09 PM)

Oh, I know. It's just that... some people may love the research they're doing, but if I had to choose b/t long days doing research or long days practicing, watching game film, and being a total badass :P ... I'd choose the latter. Not as rewarding, but more fun.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 16, 2008 -> 04:14 PM)
Heisman has to be dead last on that list. It basically relegates you to has-been status or an NFL bench.

What better place to be?? You don't have to do anything. You get paid to do nothing but hang out with pro football players. I'd say Matt Leinart's doing pretty well right now.