Kenny's Big Board revisited - Holiday Edition!

ILMOU

QUOTE (heirdog @ Dec 17, 2008 -> 07:26 AM)
I think the hold up in the Dye-Bailey deal is that we are looking to have a contract worked out with Abreu first so that we don't have a gaping hole after trading Dye. The "financial" matters in that deal is that we are looking for Bobby to come down to about $9-10 million per for a max 2 yr deal, maybe an option on a third year.

I also think we'll sign Brad Penny on the cheap...just a gut feeling, no source. At that point in time, we may look to acquire Brian Roberts for a package of our young talent (Fields, BA, Poreda).

2009:

2B: Roberts

LF: Abreu

RF: CQ

DH: Thome

1B: Konerko

SS: Ramirez

3B: Betemit/Viciedo

C: AJP

CF: Owens/Tavares

Bench: Back-up Catcher, Wise, Lillibridge, Getz

LHP: Buehrle

RHP: Floyd

LHP: Danks

RHP: Penny

L/RHP: Richard, Marquez, Broadway

CL: Jenks

RHSU: Linebrink

LHSU: Thornton

RH: Dotel

RH: Russell

LH: Richard or FA

RH: Marquez/Broadway

I like your thinking, and that would be a great team, but I don't see Roberts getting traded.

QUOTE (heirdog @ Dec 17, 2008 -> 08:26 AM)
That's a signal...JR is a smart business man. If you lower payroll and cry "recession" and then increase ticket prices, well, then you lose your fanbase as they cry "recession." So for a product that has been gaining momentum from 2005 on, you don't cut off the fans at this time. That would be suicide for the club and would set them back for years. I really think we are trimming payroll in order to reinvest it into more players. I'm not saying we will top last year's payroll or equal it but it won't be substantially less.

I think the hold up in the Dye-Bailey deal is that we are looking to have a contract worked out with Abreu first so that we don't have a gaping hole after trading Dye. The "financial" matters in that deal is that we are looking for Bobby to come down to about $9-10 million per for a max 2 yr deal, maybe an option on a third year.

i think another factor is that KW is waiting to see where Texiera goes. If he doesn't go to LA, KW may be able to unload Paulie instead.

Paulie's deal is longer than Dye's and the changing of the guard for the slow , slugger team accelerates.