Someone should slap these parents a few times

EvilMonkey

For saddling them with these stupid names.

JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell, Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell and Adolf Hitler Campbell.

Good names for a trio of toddlers? Heath and Deborah Campbell think so. The Holland Township couple has picked those names and the oldest child, Adolf Hitler Campbell, turns 3 today.

This has given rise to a problem, because the ShopRite supermarket in Greenwich Township has refused to make a cake for young Adolf's birthday.

"We believe the request ... to inscribe a birthday wish to Adolf Hitler is inappropriate," said Karen Meleta, a ShopRite spokeswoman.

The Campbells turned down the market's offer to make a cake with enough room for them to write their own inscription and can't understand what all of the fuss is about.

Young Adolf Hitler Campbell will be getting a cake from Wal-Mart this year."ShopRite can't even make a cake for a 3-year-old," said Deborah Campbell, 25, who is Heath's wife of three years and the mother of the children. "That's sad."

Others, such as Anti-Defamation League director Barry Morrison, applauded Shop Rite's decision.

"Might as well put a sign around their (the children's) neck that says bigot, racist, hatemonger," said Morrison. "What's the difference?"

What do you think? Was ShopRite correct for refusing to personalize a cake for the Campbells? Feel free to comment below and take the time to vote in our online poll.

Also, check out a photo gallery from the Campbell family home.

UPDATE:In his Steaming Cup of Joe blog, Express-Times editor Joseph P. Owens replies to some of the reaction to the Campbell family story.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/today/inde...mily_angry.html

QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 17, 2008 -> 05:28 PM)
I'm pretty sure Hitler had a half-brother or something, if I'm not mistaken he moved out of Germany (maybe to the US, I forget) and changed his name.

but there must have been other Hitlers, even before Adolf and not in his immediate family, no?

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Dec 17, 2008 -> 05:58 PM)
but there must have been other Hitlers, even before Adolf and not in his immediate family, no?

i saw somethign about this on the History channel and I guess they are all in hiding, changed names and such. don't remember all the details though.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Dec 17, 2008 -> 07:09 PM)
i saw somethign about this on the History channel and I guess they are all in hiding, changed names and such. don't remember all the details though.

He changed his name and it was never disclosed what to. That man had 3 sons (Hitler's nephews) and the three vowed never to have children (and have not) so as to discontinue the Hitler line. I think 2 of them are left or something like that. I read it somewhere but can not remember where.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Dec 17, 2008 -> 07:40 PM)
He changed his name and it was never disclosed what to. That man had 3 sons (Hitler's nephews) and the three vowed never to have children (and have not) so as to discontinue the Hitler line. I think 2 of them are left or something like that. I read it somewhere but can not remember where.

So Adolf and his family were the only Hitlers? Doesn't seem possible.

Quick someone get me a German phone directory....wait he was Austrian, no?

Edited by LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Dec 17, 2008 -> 08:04 PM)
So Adolf and his family were the only Hitlers? Doesn't seem possible.

Quick someone get me a German phone directory....wait he was Austrian, no?

Oh i doubt that...i was just responding to someone who mentioned the actual Hitler line of the famous one.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Dec 17, 2008 -> 07:37 PM)
Even the most bizarre names have more than one family with that name. I'd assume there would be Hitlers somewhere that aren't very closely related to him.

OR...the name has such a stigma attached to it that they all changed it. Or this happened: