Marquez 2009 Stats = Javy 2008?

beck72

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Dec 23, 2008 -> 10:43 AM)
I liked the Floyd trade (you can go back and look at my posts).

Scouts raved about Floyd's stuff, he just seemingly had mental issues. I thought that going to the Sox where less would be expected (he was a top 5 Philly choice so they expected the world from him right away) he could perhaps find a grove and get his confidence back.

Ive just seen nothing at this point to remind me of the Floyd acquisition other than hes a minor league pitcher.

I hope Marquez turns into the an ace, I just dont really know anything about him.

Well I mean at the time, the general consensus around here was that we didn't get "value" for Freddy Garcia, because we only got 2 pitching prospects for him, 1 who had questions about whether or not long - term he would be able to hold up as a starter because of his size, and the other in Floyd who like you said had good stuff, but his numbers were terrible and his confidence was way down.

As Floyd's emergence has shown however, I don't think anyone can say Marquez isn't going to be any good, because you don't know what the Sox are going to do with him, and they have an excellent recent track record at bringing up young SP's who can do well at the major league level.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic