MP3 Earbuds

clyons

Can anyone recommend a good pair of "canal phone" earbuds between $50-$100? I've gone through 3 sets of Sennheiser CX-300's (which I love) in the last year, but on each one the left channel has gone out after a couple months. I can get another pair on Amazon for about $20 right now, but I'd rather pay more for some greater durability.

FWIW, I have a Creative Zen MP3 and I mostly listen to Rock (both "Classic" and "Alternative"); Not too much House, Rap or Electronica. Bass is important, but not to the extent it muddies everything else.

I'm thinking about just going with these, which seem ok, but nothing special:

http://www.amazon.com/JBuds-Premium-Hi-FI-...s/dp/B001GS8FZ2

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

My wife works at Shure, so I'm probably biased. :)

Shure SE110 earphones http://www.amazon.com/Shure-Isolating-Earp...2218&sr=1-1 fit your price range. They're sound isolating - they have these foam sleeves that isolate the audio you want to hear, and block out external noises from your surroundings.

But make sure to play around with the different sizes of foams provided - they are key in getting good bass response and external sound isolation.

We always use these earphones when flying. Gotta block out babies crying or having tantrums mid-flight. :lol:

QUOTE (robinventura23 @ Dec 21, 2008 -> 12:00 PM)

Shure SE110 earphones http://www.amazon.com/Shure-Isolating-Earp...2218&sr=1-1 fit your price range. They're sound isolating - they have these foam sleeves that isolate the audio you want to hear, and block out external noises from your surroundings.

But make sure to play around with the different sizes of foams provided - they are key in getting good bass response and external sound isolation.

We always use these earphones when flying. Gotta block out babies crying or having tantrums mid-flight. :lol:

Much obliged, RV23.

I had read several good reviews of the Shure SE210, which Amazon lists for just a little bit more than the 110s. Shure's two year warranty is impressive too, and its obviously a well respected name. Plus, it would be nice to make a purchase that made a small contribution towards keeping a friendly Sox fan employed!

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

QUOTE (robinventura23 @ Dec 21, 2008 -> 12:00 PM)

Shures are freaking awwsome so im pretty sure your bias isnt too bad.

I use the Bose in-ears and some of the Shure's absolutlely make mine sound like the crappy stock Apple buds.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 22, 2008 -> 07:51 AM)
Shures are freaking awwsome so im pretty sure your bias isnt too bad.

I use the Bose in-ears and some of the Shure's absolutlely make mine sound like the crappy stock Apple buds.

Shure is better then Bose, is that what you're saying?

I absolutely love my shures and try to pimp the brand whenever I can. I think mine are the E2C's. They're reasonably priced, though I do question the workmanship a bit since I don't treat them that badly and two pairs have shorted. That said, it's unreal going on an airplane and having my ipod at a normal volume and hearing it clearly.

Also is it really only a 2 year warranty? Like I said I've sent mine in twice and they've sent me brand new pairs both times no questions asked, even beyond 2 years IIRC.