Best Workout Songs.

justBLAZE

I don't know how many of you workout, I started doing some heavy lifting about 3 months ago.

It's a fact that music can help "pump" you up when in the gym, so I'm trying to put together a playlist that will be assisting me in the gym.

I stumbled upon this website.

They have a list on their own, I figure a lot of us here listen to different kind of music so we should be able to come up with a decent list.

Anyone?

QUOTE (tommy @ Dec 25, 2008 -> 05:12 AM)
I don't know how many of you workout, I started doing some heavy lifting about 3 months ago.

It's a fact that music can help "pump" you up when in the gym, so I'm trying to put together a playlist that will be assisting me in the gym.

They have a list on their own, I figure a lot of us here listen to different kind of music so we should be able to come up with a decent list.

Anyone?

In regards to that list, I can't listen to slow stuff when working out. e.g. "No Woman No Cry" by Bob Marley... There's no way I'd get "pumped up" in the least when listening to that song.

I'm more of a rap guy when it comes to working out, so here is some of what's on my workout playlist:

What You Know - T.I.

That's Right - Three 6 Mafia

My President is Black - Young Jeezy

Hero - T.I.

Get Buck in Here - DJ Felli Fel

How We Do - The Game

Where the Hood At? - DMX

In Da Club - 50 Cent

And Then What - Young Jeezy

Hypnotize - Notorious BIG

Big Things Poppin' - T.I.

Locked Up - Styles P

Hearts of Fire - John Cafferty (from Rocky IV)

Back in Black and Thunderstruck - AC/DC

Tryouts - Rudy Soundtrack

Changes - Tupac

Hip Hop Police - Chamillionaire

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Dec 25, 2008 -> 11:21 AM)
In regards to that list, I can't listen to slow stuff when working out. e.g. "No Woman No Cry" by Bob Marley... There's no way I'd get "pumped up" in the least when listening to that song.

I'm more of a rap guy when it comes to working out, so here is some of what's on my workout playlist:

What You Know - T.I.

That's Right - Three 6 Mafia

My President is Black - Young Jeezy

Hero - T.I.

Get Buck in Here - DJ Felli Fel

How We Do - The Game

Where the Hood At? - DMX

In Da Club - 50 Cent

And Then What - Young Jeezy

Hypnotize - Notorious BIG

Big Things Poppin' - T.I.

Locked Up - Styles P

Hearts of Fire - John Cafferty (from Rocky IV)

Back in Black and Thunderstruck - AC/DC

Tryouts - Rudy Soundtrack

Changes - Tupac

Hip Hop Police - Chamillionaire

Thanks for your contribution.

Check out

Eminem - Till I Colapse

Original and Remix feat. 50 Cent, Tupac.

"The Mark has been made" by NIN. I feel like I want to beat the living s*** out of somebody when I listen to it. It really revs you up.

Another good one by NIN is "Terrible Lie."

Another one is "Requiem for a dream" by Clint Mansell.

"Sing for the moment" by eminem is also another good one.

Edited by Jordan4life

The only time I listen to music while working out is if I happen to be doing cardio and then it has to be upbeat club music, like drum n bass or hard house. It's weird because that's the only time I listen to club music.

If I'm lifting, it doesn't really matter as long as it's not slow, down tempo s***.

QUOTE (tommy @ Dec 25, 2008 -> 05:12 AM)

Anyone?

Man, whoever put that list together at that site should be executed immediately! How the hell does Michael Jackson's "Beat It" get you revved up? If I went to the gym and put that s*** on I'd get beat worse than Rodney King.

Edited by Jordan4life

A few System of a Down songs won't hurt either. Hip-Hop/Rap also which others eluded to. Which always motivated me also was a few R&B songs which either hurts/pisses you off (from past relationships) or makes you think about/want to do for yourself and your specific other (I'm doing this for you baby.)

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 25, 2008 -> 08:45 PM)
"The Mark has been made" by NIN. I feel like I want to beat the living s*** out of somebody when I listen to it. It really revs you up.

Another good one by NIN is "Terrible Lie."

Another one is "Requiem for a dream" by Clint Mansell.

"Sing for the moment" by eminem is also another good one.

"Just Like You Imagined" by NIN is also another one that pumps me up.