Frisco Signs Randy Johnson

DaTank

They've just solidified their rotation a little more by signing Johnson, but by no means do I think he is worth $8 mil.

Right now their rotation is: Lincecum/Johnson/Cain/Sanchez/Zito

Not too shabby.

It will be a lot better in about a year or 2 when Johnson is gone and IF they can get rid of Zito it would be a rotation with one of the highest ceilings I've seen in a while: Lincecum/Bumgarner/Alderson/Sanchez/Cain

Link

Edited by jenks45monster

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 27, 2008 -> 02:35 PM)
It's pretty obvious KW is going with what we got.

Are we rumored to be heavily after anybody? Not complaining just wondering.

Are we ever rumored to be after anybody that we actually sign or trade for? I could only name a few, if that.

QUOTE (scenario @ Dec 27, 2008 -> 03:00 PM)
Keith Law says the Randy Johnson signing moves the Giants "toward 2009 respectability, if not outright contention."

Sounds like Law has been hitting the eggnog pretty hard over the holidays.

They have one of the best (if not the best) rotations in the West now considering that the Dodgers lost Lowe and Penny. If they can add an impact bat or two (SS?, 1B?, 3B?), I think they can potentially win the NL West.

QUOTE (scenario @ Dec 27, 2008 -> 05:39 PM)
Maybe...

But winning the NL West only requires them to be the least pathetic team in that division.

Here's how I see it: Padres have one of the worst teams in all of baseball right now. Dodgers lose Manny, Lowe, and Penny. D-Backs have lost Johnson, Owings, and Hudson. Rockies can bounce back this year if everybody is healthy. Giants have the best rotation in that division, IMO. Pitching wins games. I think it comes down to the Giants and D-Backs in '09.

Edited by jenks45monster