Could the Giants be a player for Paulie?

beck72

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Dec 28, 2008 -> 04:39 PM)
pretty sure the slash meant or meaning Cain or sanchez which makes sense for both teams

That's exactly what it meant. No way in hell could Paulie alone net us both Cain AND Sanchez.

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Dec 28, 2008 -> 06:34 PM)
No, not really, but isn't suggesting Dye of similar ilk?

No, not really. Thome just doesnt have the athleticism anymore required to take care of the job. Its been suggested before that Dye can move to first to stay out of the DH for a few more years.

Thome at first is much more of a longshot than Dye at first anymore

QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 28, 2008 -> 06:21 PM)
I would assume that Dye or Fields would be; depending on how Viciedo does in Spring Training.

Dye plays a very good RF and Fields couldn't cut the mustard in LF so why would it be different at 1B? He isn't a good fielder as it is

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 28, 2008 -> 09:44 PM)
He's not saying that Paulie alone could net us Cain AND Sanchez. He's saying that it would be a possibility to deal Konerko for ONE OF Cain or Sanchez.

You gotta read back a little bit. He thought that I originally meant we could get Cain and Sanchez for Paulie but what I actually meant was for one of them. I guess he didn't understand my wording because I put Paulie for Cain/Sanchez, which I meant as or, not both. My brain feels scrambled now, haha.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Dec 28, 2008 -> 08:32 PM)
Dye plays a very good RF and Fields couldn't cut the mustard in LF so why would it be different at 1B? He isn't a good fielder as it is

Fields isn't a very good defensive 3B yet, but all indications are that he has improved quite a bit. And he wasn't exactly a butcher over there to begin with. If he can do that at 3B, there is a very good chance he could be more than decent at 1B. Certainly its not a guarantee, but, I think the chances are quite good.

Also, while Dye is still playing a decent RF, i don't think he qualifies as "very good" anymore. Too much loss of range (though he still reads the ball well and has a plus arm).

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Dec 28, 2008 -> 01:05 PM)
Adam Dunn would look good :headbang

How far along is Allen in the minors??? would he be a possibility???

Brandon Allen spent about half of a season at AA Birmingham. While his K's and BB's numbers have improved, I don't believe he is ready for the bigs yet. He might approach 250 K's in a full season up here.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 29, 2008 -> 07:35 AM)
Fields isn't a very good defensive 3B yet, but all indications are that he has improved quite a bit. And he wasn't exactly a butcher over there to begin with. If he can do that at 3B, there is a very good chance he could be more than decent at 1B. Certainly its not a guarantee, but, I think the chances are quite good. We all probably agree that Josh has a way to go from being gold glove material.

Also, while Dye is still playing a decent RF, i don't think he qualifies as "very good" anymore. Too much loss of range (though he still reads the ball well and has a plus arm).

Ozzie said about Fields, fractured quote at spring training he looked like a major league third basemen later after call ups he was awful.. I believe he was referring to Josh's knee. Surgery on Josh's knee may bring Josh closer to major league level of play.. My thought is that he will be platooning with Betemit. As for Dye I believe he does play a decent right field, hits for power but what I can't understand is why there is seemingly no other team jumping on the chance to trade for him.. I believe his numbers are good in the AL and believe his numbers may be a little better in the national league why a team hungry for a power hitter has not been more aggressive in making a trade with us. Edited by forrestg

QUOTE (forrestg @ Dec 29, 2008 -> 09:43 AM)
Ozzie said about Fields, fractured quote at spring training he looked like a major league third basemen later after call ups he was awful.. I believe he was referring to Josh's knee. Surgery on Josh's knee may bring Josh closer to major league level of play.. My thought is that he will be platooning with Betemit. As for Dye I believe he does play a decent right field, hits for power but what I can't understand is why there is seemingly no other team jumping on the chance to trade for him.. I believe his numbers are good in the AL and believe his numbers may be a little better in the national league why a team hungry for a power hitter has not been more aggressive in making a trade with us.

I'm sure there's plenty of teams that would love to have him and have asked about him. I think it's a case of certain teams not meeting Kenny's asking price. Which should definitely be high.