Beef Jerky

Jimbo's Drinker

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Dec 28, 2008 -> 11:17 PM)
Any good places to order beef jerky on the internet?

I just searched, the best jerky in the world is from the Hilge Smokehouse in Hilge, Texas. About an hour south of Houston. I thought for certain they would have a web site, but no. I couldn't even find a phone number. I bought a pound of the peppered venison and a pound of the peppered beef on my way up to Chicago last month. Great stuff.

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Dec 28, 2008 -> 11:17 PM)
Any good places to order beef jerky on the internet?

Check around some local butcher shops in your area. Some of them are likely to having smoking equipment and make their own jerky.

I live in Rockford and there are a couple out here that are outstanding.

QUOTE (scenario @ Jan 5, 2009 -> 09:50 PM)
Check around some local butcher shops in your area. Some of them are likely to having smoking equipment and make their own jerky.

I live in Rockford and there are a couple out here that are outstanding.

That's the best way to go, IMO.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 11, 2009 -> 02:56 PM)
Oh how I wish my mouth could handle chewing on something like beef jerky. I hated this stuff as a kid but have acquired a taste to most of it.

Your mouth should heal pretty fast, you will be snappin into a slim jim (oh yeaaah) within a week

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jan 11, 2009 -> 01:04 PM)
Your mouth should heal pretty fast, you will be snappin into a slim jim (oh yeaaah) within a week

Ya, everyone pretty much said two weeks and your better. It hasn't even been a weak and I've eaten things like broccoli. Still I've been taking it relatively easy and having mostly noodle based dishes.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 11, 2009 -> 03:16 PM)
Ya, everyone pretty much said two weeks and your better. It hasn't even been a weak and I've eaten things like broccoli. Still I've been taking it relatively easy and having mostly noodle based dishes.

Is it dry socket that everyone warns you about? I had a small case of that, it sucks really bad. I just got a small travel bottle of listerine and kept it in my school locker(I got this done my junior year in HS), and gargled after meals and if I chewed gum etc...