Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 09:20 PM)
So yeah, my softball practice tonight had to work around the helicopter that made an emergency landing on the playing field.

was it someone from the game? Usually softball is good for 2-3 horrific injuries and an occasional death... usually happens when the new bats come out and the sanctioning bodies don't outlaw them early enough... the original Miken bat was basically a lethal weapon

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd like to point out that most of this week, and predicted for the rest of it, Fairbanks, Alaska is warmer than Chicago.

This spring/early summer has just sucked weather-wise. Its been like late March since late March. Its starting to get to me. If I wanted my summers to be like this I'd live in Seattle, or London.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 09:36 AM)
I'd like to point out that most of this week, and predicted for the rest of it, Fairbanks, Alaska is warmer than Chicago.

This spring/early summer has just sucked weather-wise. Its been like late March since late March. Its starting to get to me. If I wanted my summers to be like this I'd live in Seattle, or London.

I was just in Seattle and it was warmer and sunnier.

So I'm in line at the supermarket last night with a heaping cart full of stuff. Girl in front of me has one thing so I ask her "Do you only have 1 item? Is it OK if I go in front of you?" I've never seen anyone look so confused.

:D

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 08:08 AM)
It is in fact meteorological summer (June-July-August). Just not official summer.

Besides, ITS f***ING MID JUNE!!! IT SHOULDN'T BE 60 +/-5 AND RAINING EVERY DAMN DAY!!!

It is that way out here too. We've had very few summer days and its been cloudy and very Seattlish all of June.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 12:39 PM)
So I'm in line at the supermarket last night with a heaping cart full of stuff. Girl in front of me has one thing so I ask her "Do you only have 1 item? Is it OK if I go in front of you?" I've never seen anyone look so confused.

:D

you are a huge jerk.LOL

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 01:47 PM)
Richard Roeper on twitter:

Woman who just missed taking the doomed Flight 447 was killed in car crash. Sounds like a scene from "Final Destination."

Hair on my arms stood up.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 03:01 PM)
It is that way out here too. We've had very few summer days and its been cloudy and very Seattlish all of June.

Hmm, it has been pretty mild in Memphis too. I mean, it's still in the upper 80s mostly, but that's low for here this time of year. And it has been unusually rainy/cloudy here a lot. I work at a golf course so it sucks b/c we've been getting on and off rain so much and it keeps golfers away.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 06:04 PM)
Hmm, it has been pretty mild in Memphis too. I mean, it's still in the upper 80s mostly, but that's low for here this time of year. And it has been unusually rainy/cloudy here a lot. I work at a golf course so it sucks b/c we've been getting on and off rain so much and it keeps golfers away.

See, "mild" in Memphis in June is a good thing. "Mild" in Chicago in June means crappy.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 07:35 PM)
See, "mild" in Memphis in June is a good thing. "Mild" in Chicago in June means crappy.

Oh, I love the temperatures. I'm just surprised at how often (not how much total) it has rained. But yes, I can imagine that mild in Chicago would not be so good. I remember being very surprised when I saw the temp at one Sox game was like 50 degrees and this was a couple weeks ago. I remember thinking that I thought it would be warmer by then, even in Chicago.

All these people who don't get digital boxes today, don't deserve them. They have been warned for over a year.

Still hard to believe so many people dont have cable or dish these days.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 11:05 PM)
Oh, I love the temperatures. I'm just surprised at how often (not how much total) it has rained. But yes, I can imagine that mild in Chicago would not be so good. I remember being very surprised when I saw the temp at one Sox game was like 50 degrees and this was a couple weeks ago. I remember thinking that I thought it would be warmer by then, even in Chicago.

I was at the game two nights ago, on June friggin 10th, and it was 51 at game time, going down from there. I had actually brought three people who work for me to the game, none of which had ever been to (and barely had even seen) a baseball game before (they are from three other countries). They were treated to 50 degrees, wind, and a boring, 2-1 loss. They will now probably hate baseball.

I'm probably going to come off real square for having this position, but I tend to side with the Palin's in their "feud" with Letterman. I'm a Letterman fan and I do think the Palin's may be taking it a little far, but Letterman's research staff really dropped the ball by not realizing it was her 14 year old daughter at the Yankee game.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jun 16, 2009 -> 07:45 AM)
I'm probably going to come off real square for having this position, but I tend to side with the Palin's in their "feud" with Letterman. I'm a Letterman fan and I do think the Palin's may be taking it a little far, but Letterman's research staff really dropped the ball by not realizing it was her 14 year old daughter at the Yankee game.

There's a whole big discussion of this topic in the "Republican" thread in the Filibuster forum. Actually, we should probably break it out of the generic thread into its own, but just FYI, its there.