Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 16, 2009 -> 08:22 AM)
There's a whole big discussion of this topic in the "Republican" thread in the Filibuster forum. Actually, we should probably break it out of the generic thread into its own, but just FYI, its there.

thanks, I will

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 16, 2009 -> 08:27 AM)
Yea, verily, this has been denoted in the Holy Book of Partisan Grievances and therefore belongs in the Filibuster.

lol, I put it here because it's actually not a political stance for me, I'm moderate and voted for Obama, I just actually can take a republicans side on something!

ha, Waddel and Silvy just launched Bruce Levine because he came on and whined that they didn't play his opening and talked about news that the Broncos will try to appease Marshall and trade him. Silverman just cut him off and ended his segment

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jun 16, 2009 -> 01:00 PM)
ha, Waddel and Silvy just launched Bruce Levine because he came on and whined that they didn't play his opening and talked about news that the Broncos will try to appease Marshall and trade him. Silverman just cut him off and ended his segment

Hah, seriously? That's great. Bruces's theme song is pretty awesome though.

I remember when MJ&H used to tease him with his cuts from when the White Sox won the world series and he was going "The White Sox won the world series, here they come here they come" and you could hear him running down the tunnel like a little kid. Bruce got pretty upset when they stretched that bit into december.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 17, 2009 -> 09:09 PM)
You live in Iowa. The storms are coming every day from April to August.

At least you don't live in Bradgate.

haha

Sounds like Austin, Minnesota just got hit. Lot of damage and injuries.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 01:23 AM)
1:30 AM and 86 degrees outside. Summertime!

lol, slightly jealous because I love me some heat, but that sounds like the days are nasty!

Going to see a fun coverband at Elk Grove Fest or something like that tonight. Band is called 7th Heaven, real fun band. (Note: I am not related to the band in any way shape or form, so this isn't shamless plugging, just seen them a few times and fun to see)

I had this memory from my childhood I was hoping someone could help me with.

It was around '90,'91 when I was in first grade. There was this one black/white picture book we were allowed to read after school, and I was always afraid of it because of how violent it was.

The basic premise of the book would be about a girl who seemed really innocent, but then would just go crazy at a moments notice and kill people. I'm really digging into my memory here, but the story would go, "Mary came across a monster, and didn't know what to do. So she took out an ax and chopped the animal into little pieces."

I'm really interested in whether it was as odd and strange as I remember it. Although, admittingly, I'm not being very descriptive so I dont know if what I wrote down will jog anyone's memory. Its just been bugging me because there isn't anything specific about the book that I could search google for.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jun 19, 2009 -> 10:24 AM)
I had this memory from my childhood I was hoping someone could help me with.

It was around '90,'91 when I was in first grade. There was this one black/white picture book we were allowed to read after school, and I was always afraid of it because of how violent it was.

The basic premise of the book would be about a girl who seemed really innocent, but then would just go crazy at a moments notice and kill people. I'm really digging into my memory here, but the story would go, "Mary came across a monster, and didn't know what to do. So she took out an ax and chopped the animal into little pieces."

I'm really interested in whether it was as odd and strange as I remember it. Although, admittingly, I'm not being very descriptive so I dont know if what I wrote down will jog anyone's memory. Its just been bugging me because there isn't anything specific about the book that I could search google for.

Was it possibly from one of the "Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark" books? There were a bunch and as a kid I remember them being messed up. It had some pictures.

My basement flooded for the first time in the 19 years I lived in my home. There goes my desktop, xbox, sub woofer, and considering i was walking in puddles down there probably the carpet as well. It was a nice surprise to come home too as I was planning on going to a party.

Why would I punch a punching bag with all my might when I havent ever done it before? I did this yesterday and my body crumbled to the ground. I thought they were softer and more moveable than that.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 20, 2009 -> 07:02 AM)
Why would I punch a punching bag with all my might when I havent ever done it before? I did this yesterday and my body crumbled to the ground. I thought they were softer and more moveable than that.

:lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Jun 20, 2009 -> 06:04 AM)
My basement flooded for the first time in the 19 years I lived in my home. There goes my desktop, xbox, sub woofer, and considering i was walking in puddles down there probably the carpet as well. It was a nice surprise to come home too as I was planning on going to a party.

That really sucks.

Happened to me about 5 years ago, but I didn't lose as much as you apparently did.

Hopefully your insurance will cover some of it.

I used to hang out in my basement all the time. We had it furnished with carpet, entertainment system, ping pong table. Me and my friends hung out down there all the time, than in college, about 10 years ago, it flooded. We had to rip the carpet out and now it is a big storage space. Sad.