Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Since it's a catch-all I thought I'd share this...

Last Monday a friend of ours turned 21, so we went out to celebrate. On the cab ride back my iPhone falls out of my jacket pocket & I don't realize it until I get back to a friend's apartment. Needless to say I start to freak. I call the cab company, they've got nothing...

The next day I come home after class, my mom says someone called and says they found my phone in the cab. I meet up with the guy & get the phone. I ask him why he did such an awesome thing...he says "I figure if I kept it, I'd be a dick."

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Oct 12, 2009 -> 11:54 PM)

Last Monday a friend of ours turned 21, so we went out to celebrate. On the cab ride back my iPhone falls out of my jacket pocket & I don't realize it until I get back to a friend's apartment. Needless to say I start to freak. I call the cab company, they've got nothing...

The next day I come home after class, my mom says someone called and says they found my phone in the cab. I meet up with the guy & get the phone. I ask him why he did such an awesome thing...he says "I figure if I kept it, I'd be a dick."

Wow thats awesome. Very classy of that guy, and he was right to.

I was visiting some friends and we were walking back after a night full of vodka and partying and I never realized that my wallet fell out of my pocket. The next day I was freaking out and couldnt find it anywhere. I got home later that week and waiting for me was a package from one of his neighbors who found it in the gutter of the street rained on but still filled with the $80 in it along with my credit card. I couldnt believe it. I was so grateful for that.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Oct 12, 2009 -> 11:54 PM)

I hope you tipped the man.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Oct 13, 2009 -> 03:25 AM)
Wow thats awesome. Very classy of that guy, and he was right to.

I was visiting some friends and we were walking back after a night full of vodka and partying and I never realized that my wallet fell out of my pocket. The next day I was freaking out and couldnt find it anywhere. I got home later that week and waiting for me was a package from one of his neighbors who found it in the gutter of the street rained on but still filled with the $80 in it along with my credit card. I couldnt believe it. I was so grateful for that.

When i was out in Lake Havasu last November my camera slipped out of my pocket and I thought i lost it. Since its a smallish town in the middle of nowehere I called the cab companies hoping to give a description of the driver and try to locate it. Since the cab driver looked like Jerry Garcia it was actually quite easy. I got a hold of him and the guy met me at a bar the next night with the camera. I gave him $30 for his effort. I definitely thought my camera was gone the night before so I was relieved when everything worked out the next day.

I took my daughter to Six Flag's a couple summers ago and like the big dummy that I am I withdrew $300 on the way there. After the very first ride we started walking around and I noticed my wallet was missing. Of course the $300 in cash is in it along with every credit card I own. Needless to say I was freaking the f*** out. Ran back to the ride we just went on and there was nothing there and the kids working the ride didn't find anything. This was the 2nd day of a week long visit from my daughter and now I was going to be without money the rest of our day at Six Flag's as well as the rest of my daughter's visit. I decided to run over to lost and found on the 1% chance that someone found the wallet and brought it there. And to my surprise it was there with not a dollar or credit card missing! I was dumbfounded and thankful. Apparently an old lady found the wallet. And the teenager working the L&F didn't even take a dollar out of it either. Amazing.

I left a Nikon digital camera hanging on the back of the chair at the noodle restaurant in Japan at Epcot. Walked away but realized just a couple of minutes later that I'd left the camera. Went back but the camera was gone. Went to the lost and found and it never made it there. The restaurant was pretty dead so it was likely an employee that swiped my camera. A Japanese Disney employee took my Japanese camera in Epcot's Japan. . . oooh the irony.

Two summers ago, I lost my cell phone on a drunken stumble home from a local watering hole. The next day my buddy received a call from the guy who found it and I met up with him. I dont remember the exact quote, but when I meet him, first thing he says is something like, "I'm not trying to be greedy, but I'm using my free time to bring this to you, and I didn't have to give it back." I was gonna offer the guy $20 anyway, but I was like wow, he didnt give it to me until I gave him the money. Once I have my phone, I look up my old calls, and turns out the guy had spent like over 4 hours calling an adult chat/dating line. I had free weekends so it didnt cost me anything, but an interesting move on his part

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 13, 2009 -> 09:44 AM)
Two summers ago, I lost my cell phone on a drunken stumble home from a local watering hole. The next day my buddy received a call from the guy who found it and I met up with him. I dont remember the exact quote, but when I meet him, first thing he says is something like, "I'm not trying to be greedy, but I'm using my free time to bring this to you, and I didn't have to give it back." I was gonna offer the guy $20 anyway, but I was like wow, he didnt give it to me until I gave him the money. Once I have my phone, I look up my old calls, and turns out the guy had spent like over 4 hours calling an adult chat/dating line. I had free weekends so it didnt cost me anything, but an interesting move on his part

I would have punched him and grabbed my phone from him. What a douche nozzle.

I once found 80 bucks cash on the floor of a video store I worked at. It was by the video game section, so I figured some kid lost it. I gave it to my store manager and told her the story. I found out later, that she just brought it home that night and kept it. Some poor kid probably called in and was lied to.

I hope she enjoys hell!!!

Are Verizon employees trained in incompetence? I heard a bunch of stories but I'm starting to think they're all true, they seem to be having trouble knowing the difference between 16 and 15. I originally placed my order to be installed on FRIDAY THE 16TH and they arbitrarily changed it to the 15th, they called to confirm this with me and I was like "umm, no" and they changed it back to Friday. Today they call to confirm my appointment for installation on Thursday the 15th. Seriously, is this really that complicated? I'm starting to have second thoughts.

The Cast of Seinfeld on 'Tweeting'

Found this this morning on Slate. Pretty funny if you're a fan of the show.

I Enjoy a Good Tweet

The cast of Seinfeld expounds on the latest Internet phenomenon.

By Frank Ferri

Posted Monday, Oct. 12, 2009, at 3:11 PM ET

INT. JERRY'S APARTMENT—DAY

ELAINE and JERRY are standing around JERRY'S kitchen counter. GEORGE is sitting on the couch typing on a laptop.

JERRY: Again with the Twitter?

GEORGE: What? I can't tweet?

ELAINE: No one said you can't tweet.

GEORGE: Jerry did. Jerry's got a problem with my tweeting.

JERRY: Please, tweet away. Tweet all you want. Tweet your heart out.

GEORGE: I will. I enjoy a good tweet.

ELAINE: Fine, but don't you think it's a bit much with the tweets?

GEORGE: Who are you? The queen of tweets? I think I tweet the perfect amount.

JERRY: You know, you've got to have something to tweet about in order to tweet.

GEORGE: I got plenty to tweet about, baby!

JERRY: No, no you don't. You see, you have the Twitter account and the laptop. But you don't have anything worthwhile to tweet about. No job, no girlfriend, no …

KRAMER enters, nearly knocking over JERRY as he stumbles into the living room.

KRAMER: Giddyup. (Notices George.) What's with Poindexter on the laptop?

ELAINE: He's tweeting again.

KRAMER: My God! You're tweeting all over the place!

GEORGE: I tweet just as often as the next guy. No one stops George Costanza from tweeting!

KRAMER: I ever tell you about my friend Bob Sacamano? Tweeted way too much. (Getting animated.) Tweeted like there was no tomorrow!

GEORGE: So?

KRAMER: (high-pitched) He's dead.

ELAINE: Death by Twitter?

KRAMER: You said it, sister.

JERRY: What's the deal with that 140-character limit, anyway? Like if it was 141, the Internet would break?

GEORGE: Ooh, that's good. Can I tweet that?

LAUGHTER. APPLAUSE. END SCENE.

QUOTE (Kid Gleason @ Oct 15, 2009 -> 12:02 AM)
Is TMZ one of the worst things to ever grace TV??? I can't believe what kind of crap this show is.

It's pretty horrific. Although, to be honest - it beats the Entertainment Tonight's who pretend that gossip is real news. At least TMZ doesn't try to take itself seriously.