Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Dec 1, 2009 -> 03:57 PM)
Hair testing is very expensive from what I hear, so unless it's a gov job, it's probably the 'wizz quiz'.

The gov't doesn't even do that, at least in my experience. The military does Operation Golden Flow.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Dec 1, 2009 -> 02:57 PM)
Hair testing is very expensive from what I hear, so unless it's a gov job, it's probably the 'wizz quiz'.

It is different in some job requirements. Usually it's for more money jobs (or military in general), but I've personally seen some companies from friends who work downtown (or maybe it was in Indiana) who actually required a hair sample (or sometimes tested for both I believe). Now I honestly can't remember their specific pay, but it wasn't THAT good all in all.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Dec 1, 2009 -> 03:57 PM)

My high school hair tested randomly throughout the year (each student at least once). It is pretty expensive, but it sure as hell kept drugs out of my school which was pretty cool. The first time I saw cocaine was in college. Though, my high school was ranked #1 (not sure how they actually do studies to find this stuff out) in the state of Tennessee in alcohol use, so I guess everyone just substituted alcohol for drugs. Though, if there's a lesser evil of the two, I'd rather high schoolers be drinking than getting into drugs (other than weed at least).

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 1, 2009 -> 03:10 PM)
The gov't doesn't even do that, at least in my experience. The military does Operation Golden Flow.

Not entirely true. They start with that, and do a hair folicle test later, for certain agencies. Or at least they used to.

Also folks, keep something in mind - cutting your hair will have zero effect on results of a hair test, unless you shave it all clean off (which might be a tad bit suspicious). And as soon as it grows in a bit, they can test again.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 2, 2009 -> 08:39 AM)
Not entirely true. They start with that, and do a hair folicle test later, for certain agencies. Or at least they used to.

Also folks, keep something in mind - cutting your hair will have zero effect on results of a hair test, unless you shave it all clean off (which might be a tad bit suspicious). And as soon as it grows in a bit, they can test again.

I've never had to worry about it since those days were behind me before I got my job, but I have a friend who works for a large city and he just uses some shampoo. I guess you can get it online.

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 2, 2009 -> 08:39 AM)

Generally speaking, for most government jobs they just do the urine test. You're right though, it'd be different if you were in a more sensitive type of job.

f***ing car emissions testing! f***ing me around which f***s me around with buying plates on my car ! A car that only has 35 thousand miles on it mind you...not passing a f***ing emission test because the car computer hasnt reset itself after shipps spent $600 to get parts put on a car that doesnt need it!

I tend to notice about once a week that a song I used to have in my iTunes library is no longer there. I'm not deleting them, and they don't even seem to be on my computer anymore. Anyone have any clue as to why this might happen?

I'm not sure if the songs are deleted at random, or if a bunch are deleted at once and it takes me a while to notice specific ones are missing.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 3, 2009 -> 02:43 PM)
I tend to notice about once a week that a song I used to have in my iTunes library is no longer there. I'm not deleting them, and they don't even seem to be on my computer anymore. Anyone have any clue as to why this might happen?

I'm not sure if the songs are deleted at random, or if a bunch are deleted at once and it takes me a while to notice specific ones are missing.

damn, you caught me... :lizard

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 3, 2009 -> 01:43 PM)

I wonder if it is some sync glitch or something like that.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 3, 2009 -> 01:43 PM)

I've had this issue, sort of. If I import a song that wasn't from a CD or the iTunes store (which I only do rarely), it will import OK, and play OK, then suddenly one day it will show an exclamation point next to it saying it can't find the source. Is that what is happening for you?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 3, 2009 -> 02:55 PM)
I've had this issue, sort of. If I import a song that wasn't from a CD or the iTunes store (which I only do rarely), it will import OK, and play OK, then suddenly one day it will show an exclamation point next to it saying it can't find the source. Is that what is happening for you?

No, mine disappears entirely from both the iTunes library and my computer. I believe the situation you have is that the song disappears from your computer, but remains in the iTunes library (which obviously cannot play the song because it's not even on the computer).

I have no idea what is happening or why. My best guess is that certain songs get removed whenever I upgrade to a new version of iTunes, but that's a complete shot in the dark.

There are two ways I usually notice that I'm missing a song. Something will remind me of a song, and then I'll think that I haven't heard it in a long time. I'll check and find out that it's not there anymore. The other way I find out is if someone else is going through my ipod (I use it a lot with parties and such), and someone will say "you need to get ____," and I'll know that I had it at some point.

I finally had a chance today to have lunch at an out of the way Korean restaurant I've had my sights on for months. Hot and cold kimchi and pork with lots of nice sesame veggie sides. Best meal I've had in a long time. And now as a bonus I'm burping all the flavors of the rainbow!