Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Dec 9, 2009 -> 12:55 PM)
The snow has literally drifted over my car hood. Of course, we have idiots double parked in our apartment parking lot, preventing them from clearing it out. I'm snowbound.

Eat your neighbors before they eat you. :ph34r:

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Dec 9, 2009 -> 12:55 PM)
The snow has literally drifted over my car hood. Of course, we have idiots double parked in our apartment parking lot, preventing them from clearing it out. I'm snowbound.

If it makes you feel better, my fiancee took 1.5 hours to make a 25 minute commute to work. A friend took 3 hours to make a .5 hour commute. I think you should enjoy your time indoors.

QUOTE (G&T @ Dec 9, 2009 -> 01:00 PM)
If it makes you feel better, my fiancee took 1.5 hours to make a 25 minute commute to work. A friend took 3 hours to make a .5 hour commute. I think you should enjoy your time indoors.

it took me an hour and a half to make a usually 35-40 minute commute

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Dec 9, 2009 -> 01:54 PM)
kitty corner is definitely correct. And it's pop, not soda. And when we played tag as kids, we were safe on Gool, not Goal.

And it's duck, duck GOOSE! Not duck, duck, gray duck. Which is stupid and doesn't make any sense.

QUOTE (G&T @ Dec 9, 2009 -> 12:00 PM)

And it's 30 minutes not .5 hour :lolhitting

So, back in July, I interviewed for a job. I interviewed for an hour and a half and thought it went great. They liked what I was saying and everything. The longest interview I had ever been in was probably 30 minutes, so I thought this would be a good sign. The guy gave me his card and said if I didn't hear from him in 3 weeks to call him.

I hadn't heard from him so for over a month, I would call and leave him a message three times a week, following up.

One day, his secretary calls me and says he is sorry he hasn't returned any of my messages and he would call me in a couple of days. So, I waited.

2 weeks went by and I decided to try and follow up again. I left a couple of messages a week and nothing. So I decided to chill out for awhile.

I found out my friends sister was interning for this place and I e-mailed her to see if they had anyone filled the position I interviewed for. She said she would check and a day later she wrote me back saying they did.

So after all the effort I put in and interest I had, they didn't even give me a courtesy call or even e-mail to say they hired someone else. This was about a month and a half ago.

Fast forward to yesterday. This place calls me, different guy. Says the job I interviewed for opened up because the INTERN they hired took a new job. I'm scheduled to go in for another interview on Friday morning.

Is it wrong my ego took a hit and I'm not all that excited because they chose an intern over me? I had 4 years experience for the job I interviewed for. Not too mention I did not appreciate the way they handled the process.

We'll see how it goes.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 9, 2009 -> 05:37 PM)
So, back in July, I interviewed for a job. I interviewed for an hour and a half and thought it went great. They liked what I was saying and everything. The longest interview I had ever been in was probably 30 minutes, so I thought this would be a good sign. The guy gave me his card and said if I didn't hear from him in 3 weeks to call him.

I hadn't heard from him so for over a month, I would call and leave him a message three times a week, following up.

One day, his secretary calls me and says he is sorry he hasn't returned any of my messages and he would call me in a couple of days. So, I waited.

2 weeks went by and I decided to try and follow up again. I left a couple of messages a week and nothing. So I decided to chill out for awhile.

I found out my friends sister was interning for this place and I e-mailed her to see if they had anyone filled the position I interviewed for. She said she would check and a day later she wrote me back saying they did.

So after all the effort I put in and interest I had, they didn't even give me a courtesy call or even e-mail to say they hired someone else. This was about a month and a half ago.

Fast forward to yesterday. This place calls me, different guy. Says the job I interviewed for opened up because the INTERN they hired took a new job. I'm scheduled to go in for another interview on Friday morning.

Is it wrong my ego took a hit and I'm not all that excited because they chose an intern over me? I had 4 years experience for the job I interviewed for. Not too mention I did not appreciate the way they handled the process.

We'll see how it goes.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 9, 2009 -> 05:38 PM)
That isn't an uncommon experience. For all of the things hiring managers want, they don't seem to believe in reciprocity.

Ditto what Mike said.

And I'll add this: the "courtesy" thing in business, if you're looking for that, leave your ego at the door. Otherwise, you will get b**** slapped the rest of your life. More businesses then not are real assholes (especially right now) about hiring.

With that said, the reason they took the intern was money. Period. They could get someone for next to or at nothing - so they did it. Now they have to fill the position for real, or so it sounds. You might get the question of "what have you been doing since we last talked?"... you better have a good answer ready for that besides "looking for a job". You need to say something about improving your skill set toward what it is you will be doing.

So for the past few weeks I've had a bit of numbness down my right arm, and found out during the week, that I've basically got a bit of a pinched nerveon the right side of my neck from a physiotherpist.

And it's really the first time I've had physio in my life, and then he told me that this was only basically a short - term pain relief (what he did, he gave a pretty damn good pounding), and that if I improved my posture (sucked my pelvis in and tilt my neck upwards) that's pretty much the best long - term solution for it.

Anyone else ever been told that they have bad posture?

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Dec 10, 2009 -> 08:51 AM)
So for the past few weeks I've had a bit of numbness down my right arm, and found out during the week, that I've basically got a bit of a pinched nerveon the right side of my neck from a physiotherpist.

And it's really the first time I've had physio in my life, and then he told me that this was only basically a short - term pain relief (what he did, he gave a pretty damn good pounding), and that if I improved my posture (sucked my pelvis in and tilt my neck upwards) that's pretty much the best long - term solution for it.

Anyone else ever been told that they have bad posture?

So they are sure that it's your neck? Did they give you an EMG? Oh for the love of God those hurt, bad.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Dec 11, 2009 -> 01:52 AM)
So they are sure that it's your neck? Did they give you an EMG? Oh for the love of God those hurt, bad.

Had one for my back over the summer. Not that bad. Just a tad odd and uncomfortable.