Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

QUOTE (Sonik22 @ Dec 19, 2009 -> 12:32 AM)
If I could I would, but I can't operate on no sleep so that's not happening for me haha

Yeah my last day of finals this semester not last thursday but the one before I had a 7:50am final and 1pm final. I woke up Wednesday morning at 8am for another final and did not sleep until Thursday night at 9pm.

It was rough but I managed to ace both finals, and drive myself home safely so I guess I can operate on no sleep haha

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 19, 2009 -> 01:14 AM)
So one of our cats that we've had for about 16 years just died recently. Well, my mom decided to buy a kitten and the thing is very cute but god damn is it annoying.

Yeah kittens are impossible to not like, but you just want to throw them out the window sometimes.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 20, 2009 -> 12:49 PM)
Does anyone else almost always wake up feeling guilty after a night of drinking? I don't know why, but I always feel like I did something wrong.

Maybe after a one night stand, but never drinking.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 20, 2009 -> 01:49 PM)
Does anyone else almost always wake up feeling guilty after a night of drinking? I don't know why, but I always feel like I did something wrong.

Yes. I feel like I'm an awful degenerate who's wasting his life when I have a hangover even though I have nothing to do. I read that it's part of the brain's reaction to alcohol.

QUOTE (G&T @ Dec 20, 2009 -> 04:54 PM)
Yes. I feel like I'm an awful degenerate who's wasting his life when I have a hangover even though I have nothing to do. I read that it's part of the brain's reaction to alcohol.

You sure that's the booze, and not the fact that you're an attorney?

I kid, G&T, I kid...;)

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 21, 2009 -> 05:46 AM)
You sure that's the booze, and not the fact that you're an attorney?

I kid, G&T, I kid...;)

I'm not just an attorney. I'm an unemployed attorney. So that's just my everyday depression, which is different than my special hangover depression. :cheers

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 20, 2009 -> 12:49 PM)

Yes, but I probably did.

I also laugh when I wake up feeling s***ty and think, why the hell did I drink that much? Than realize I had not been drinking at all. :lolhitting

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 20, 2009 -> 01:49 PM)

These days I'm the opposite. If it's a Friday or Saturday and I'm beat and pack it in early I then feel guilty that I missed out on quality imbibing time.

That's normal, right?

:unsure:

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 21, 2009 -> 01:54 AM)
Canker sores are the worst thing to ever happen to man.

Agreed. I have a bad one right now and I hate it. It hurts to eat. Why do some people get them while others don't, I'll never know, but I've gotten em ever since I was a kid.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 21, 2009 -> 03:57 PM)
Agreed. I have a bad one right now and I hate it. It hurts to eat. Why do some people get them while others don't, I'll never know, but I've gotten em ever since I was a kid.

I used to get them ALL the time. I started doing research and found out that sodium lauryl sulfate in toothpaste causes them so I switched to Sensodyne toothpaste because it seems like every other toothpaste has that ingredient. I also noticed that walking on a cold floor right after taking your socks off will cause them. Lastly, if you brush you're teeth quickly and hit your gums hard, expect to get one. At that point you want to stay away from foods with a lot of acid that will upset it. After following these rules I almost completely stopped getting them. Switching toothpaste is what really helped prevent them for me.

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Dec 21, 2009 -> 02:34 PM)
I used to get them ALL the time. I started doing research and found out that sodium lauryl sulfate in toothpaste causes them so I switched to Sensodyne toothpaste because it seems like every other toothpaste has that ingredient. I also noticed that walking on a cold floor right after taking your socks off will cause them. Lastly, if you brush you're teeth quickly and hit your gums hard, expect to get one. At that point you want to stay away from foods with a lot of acid that will upset it. After following these rules I almost completely stopped getting them. Switching toothpaste is what really helped prevent them for me.

I'll have to try those things. Normally I get like 4 or 5 a year, normally super mild, but sometimes they'll be pretty big and those things hurt like a mofo. I'll try switching toothpastes. This one is in a terrible spot where it gets rubbed whenever I eat which is preventing it from getting better fast.

Holy crap, my fiance's bank just got robbed. She called me to let me know that she's okay, waiting to find out the details. My good buddy is a cop in Irvine and texted me right when he heard the call come in on his radio. Sounds like no injuries but the suspect escaped...for now.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 21, 2009 -> 05:12 PM)
Holy crap, my fiance's bank just got robbed. She called me to let me know that she's okay, waiting to find out the details. My good buddy is a cop in Irvine and texted me right when he heard the call come in on his radio. Sounds like no injuries but the suspect escaped...for now.

Heh, you say that like you're going to track him down.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Dec 22, 2009 -> 12:52 AM)
Thats just what I was thinking. I didn't know Gage was also batman.

He's Batman in a "Gage" way. Meaning he's the type of guy who will confront you, but slip and fall on his ass trying to reach for a pair of bat-cuffs.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 21, 2009 -> 05:12 PM)

That's scary some scary s***, man.

Glad to hear she's alright.