Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

Has anyone used an HDMI Splitter before? I was thinking of having my PS3 hooked up to my TV in the bedroom and the one in the family room. It is easy for me to do, but I don't know what sort of impact the splitter would have on the quality of my BluRay's.

The splitter has a built in amplifier which I assume would help but if I kill the quality there isn't any point. I just thought it would be pretty cool to be able to play the PS3 in either room with ease.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 22, 2009 -> 05:58 PM)
Has anyone used an HDMI Splitter before? I was thinking of having my PS3 hooked up to my TV in the bedroom and the one in the family room. It is easy for me to do, but I don't know what sort of impact the splitter would have on the quality of my BluRay's.

The splitter has a built in amplifier which I assume would help but if I kill the quality there isn't any point. I just thought it would be pretty cool to be able to play the PS3 in either room with ease.

I would assume it would diminish the quality somewhat, like any splitter for anything.

QUOTE (juddling @ Dec 23, 2009 -> 04:24 AM)
I guess the Miss Gibraltar pagaent pulled someone from the audience to fill out the Final 6 this year

:lolhitting :lolhitting

Well...5 out of 6 ain't bad.....

I was browsing the first few to be picky on what you meant by 5/6, then I saw the last woman and actually yelled "eeeek" real loud waking up my dogs.. :lol:

QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 22, 2009 -> 11:24 PM)
Well it's more a switch than a splitter, if there is some decline in quality somehow you'd really have to be a hard-core geek to notice. With HDMI there is either a connection or there's not.

This is key - what Jas is really talking about isn't a splitter, its a switch. I have only one, because my TV has only one HDMI input (but the cable box and the blu-ray have HDMI outputs I wanted to use). I bought a simple 4 channel switch, has a remote, and it even switches source automatically based on what is sending a signal. Got it on Amazon for like $30. Works great, no quality loss I can see. You aren't diminishing the signal, so, any interference of degredation should be miniscule.

QUOTE (juddling @ Dec 23, 2009 -> 04:24 AM)
I guess the Miss Gibraltar pagaent pulled someone from the audience to fill out the Final 6 this year

:lolhitting :lolhitting

Well...5 out of 6 ain't bad.....

It must just be the cultural differences that makes me life at this or something...

Nah..probably not.

Played catchphrase last night at my aunts and one of the hints our team was given for one of the words was "choke," both me and my cousin right away shouted "CUBS." I'm not even a Cubs hater and she's not even that big of a baseball fan and it wasn't the right answer but that was the first thing that popped into both of our heads. I figured at least a few of you would get a kick out of that.