Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone make a habit of exchanging coins at a Jewel or Dominicks for money in those coin-star machines? I did yesterday and was honestly ashamed of myself. It's just the whole experience of entering a crowded store with a tin can full of coins. Not to mention they rape you 9 cents for every dollar put in.

When I pressed the button to begin the coin-star machine had its volume at maximum (or so it seemed), so everyone in the store could probably hear me going through this. Then the machine began counting the coins, which seemed to be even louder than the speakers guiding me. All the while I'm standing there guiding coins from a tray into this slit in the machine. It was a bit demoralizing haha. I almost expected everyone I know to be in Dominicks that day.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jan 27, 2009 -> 08:59 AM)
Does anyone make a habit of exchanging coins at a Jewel or Dominicks for money in those coin-star machines? I did yesterday and was honestly ashamed of myself. It's just the whole experience of entering a crowded store with a tin can full of coins. Not to mention they rape you 9 cents for every dollar put in.

When I pressed the button to begin the coin-star machine had its volume at maximum (or so it seemed), so everyone in the store could probably hear me going through this. Then the machine began counting the coins, which seemed to be even louder than the speakers guiding me. All the while I'm standing there guiding coins from a tray into this slit in the machine. It was a bit demoralizing haha. I almost expected everyone I know to be in Dominicks that day.

lol take a kid with you, should make you feel better

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jan 27, 2009 -> 07:59 AM)

I take my change to my bank which is free,but yes there is a very shameful quality to the experience when there is a bunch a people making REAL transactions and Iam standing there with a bowl of quarters like a f***ing leprachaun and his pot of gold .

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jan 27, 2009 -> 07:11 AM)
syrup of ipecac

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syrup_of_ipecac

The actions of Ipecac are mainly those of its major alkaloids, emetine (methylcephalin) and cephalin. They both act locally by irritating the gastric mucosa and centrally by stimulating the medullary chemoreceptor trigger zone to induce vomiting

Be careful, make sure you NEED this if you use it. It isnt fun.

My best friend spent an entire day dry vomiting because he didnt feel like going to school during high school He told me he would rather have gone to school that day, and that is saying a lot

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jan 27, 2009 -> 06:57 AM)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syrup_of_ipecac

Be careful, make sure you NEED this if you use it. It isnt fun.

My best friend spent an entire day dry vomiting because he didnt feel like going to school during high school He told me he would rather have gone to school that day, and that is saying a lot

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jan 27, 2009 -> 07:59 AM)

You know banks do this, they don't charge you, and it's expected to happen there.

Haven't been sick since like 2 am and actually urinated for the first time in over a day. I think it's behind me, putting it to the test right now with a bagel and coffee.

I dump all my loose change into a compartment in my car. The other day I took it into one of those coin machines because it was spilling over: $79.00. It's not gonna pay my mortgage, but it'll fill my gas tank twice. There is no shame in that.

I always leave the pennies behind in the automatic coin dispenser at the grocery store. Either the teller or the person behind me will always lunge and scoop them out like it's a winning lottery ticket, now THAT"S shameful.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jan 27, 2009 -> 04:25 PM)
my daughter just ran in the house screaming that her tongue was bleeding. It turns out she licked the pole out front to see what would happen

I cant stop laughing, her excuses were hilarious

what were her excuses. Kids have the most hilarious reasoning sometimes it probably makes sense.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 27, 2009 -> 05:16 PM)
what were her excuses. Kids have the most hilarious reasoning sometimes it probably makes sense.

If I have this right, she said she touched the light pole and her finger stuck to it, she leaned forward and lost her balance and fell forward towards the light pole and her tongue fell out of her mouth and stuck to the pole. At which point she ripped it off and came running into the house saying her taste buds fell off of her tongue.

The first thing I said was "Who triple dog dared you?"

She is 8, so take it easy on her, lol. I did the same thing when i was a kid, but I was a little older

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jan 27, 2009 -> 07:26 PM)
Doesn't seem like that's what you were doing, you said coins for money. Which is stupid.

Well, what I did was exchange the coins for money; then upon realizing how selfish I was asked the customer service clerk to donate it to a charity of her choice. I even agreed to compensate the 9 cents per dollar fee that the coin-star machine charged.

Don't you hate always being wrong?

It's January 28 and still no goddamn W2 from my employer. Usually they're really good about speedy paperwork. But on this they appear to be using every last minute they're given. I have all of my other tax papers but this one.