Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

QUOTE (onedude @ Feb 1, 2009 -> 08:26 PM)
any "remedies" to a puppy that bites too much?

if it gets serious, a muzzle for training(not for permanent basis). My neighbor had to do it to his dog, and it really seems to have worked.

if it isnt too serious, get him some bones to chew on. Like real bones, not rawhide.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First all-nighter of the semester. And so the vicious cycle starts...

Got behind in all of my classes, so now I have to cram and pull an all-nighter for a test tomorrow. I'll be doing the same thing for my test Tuesday as well. F*** school... Got 3 more tests next week, so looks like I'll be hitting the books pretty hard for the next week and a half.

Every semester I tell myself I'm not going to get behind and then I do.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Feb 1, 2009 -> 08:53 PM)
if it gets serious, a muzzle for training(not for permanent basis). My neighbor had to do it to his dog, and it really seems to have worked.

if it isnt too serious, get him some bones to chew on. Like real bones, not rawhide.

got a chew rope for him, but he's still "bitey". It might get to using a muzzle...he's 3 months.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Feb 2, 2009 -> 12:57 AM)
First all-nighter of the semester. And so the vicious cycle starts...

Got behind in all of my classes, so now I have to cram and pull an all-nighter for a test tomorrow. I'll be doing the same thing for my test Tuesday as well. F*** school... Got 3 more tests next week, so looks like I'll be hitting the books pretty hard for the next week and a half.

Every semester I tell myself I'm not going to get behind and then I do.

And I'm off to bed... Wake up in a few hours and start the whole process over again.

QUOTE (onedude @ Feb 2, 2009 -> 12:29 AM)
got a chew rope for him, but he's still "bitey". It might get to using a muzzle...he's 3 months.

It won't happen overnight. when he gets to be too much, try and force the rope bone on him so he starts to understand what he is supposed to be biting. and with the muzzle(if it gets to that point), when he starts biting too much slap the muzzle on him for certain periods of time. and make sure to put the muzzle on as he is biting so he knows why he is getting it.

I really have had a lot of success with natural bones with my dogs. I get them the big cow femurs and they go nuts for a month, it totally tires them out

QUOTE (onedude @ Feb 1, 2009 -> 09:26 PM)
any "remedies" to a puppy that bites too much?

Yelp like you are in pain every time it bites. Stopped my puppy from biting in less than an hour.

QUOTE (Soxy @ Feb 2, 2009 -> 10:24 AM)
Yelp like you are in pain every time it bites. Stopped my puppy from biting in less than an hour.

my neighbors dog wouldnt respond to that. He has some serious nipping/mouthing issues. I have heard sometimes that has to do with being fostered from the mother too early

QUOTE (Soxy @ Feb 2, 2009 -> 10:24 AM)

I actually went to the hospital and received treatment. I then printed out the medical bill and had my lawyer send it to my dog. She quickly learned her lesson.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 2, 2009 -> 10:54 AM)
I actually went to the hospital and received treatment. I then printed out the medical bill and had my lawyer send it to my dog. She quickly learned her lesson.

:lolhitting

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Feb 2, 2009 -> 10:53 AM)
my neighbors dog wouldnt respond to that. He has some serious nipping/mouthing issues. I have heard sometimes that has to do with being fostered from the mother too early

ya...the mother usually is the one to tell them it's not ok to bite....finds out when it's nursing and bites too hard....I'm thinkin mommy was taken away too early.

I have a cat that I had since she was a kitten and I didn't stop her from playing rough then. Now she always wants to play, but she can't do it without digging her claws into my hand and biting hard. It's really annoying and I can't stop her now.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Feb 2, 2009 -> 10:59 AM)
I have a cat that I had since she was a kitten and I didn't stop her from playing rough then. Now she always wants to play, but she can't do it without digging her claws into my hand and biting hard. It's really annoying and I can't stop her now.

See my post above.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 2, 2009 -> 12:01 PM)
See my post above.

I prefer suddenly tossing her so I can hear the thud when her feet hit the ground, then making fun of her for being fat. If she could understand English she would really have self-esteem issues from all the various fat jokes and names I call her (fatty, tubby, jiggly, tub of lard, fatbody, etc.), at least she's kinda cute.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 2, 2009 -> 10:54 AM)

I LOL'ed!

If posting in the quote of the month thread was still cool, I'd have put this in there...