Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 6, 2009 -> 02:51 AM)
So I got belligerently drunk and it happened in front of the girl I've been crushing on for months. Completely embarrassed myself. Like, completely. I hate myself. Really, I hate myself. Only good part is that I don't remember a second of it, but still.

Chris Widger does not approve. But he understands.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I got belligerently drunk and it happened in front of the girl I've been crushing on for months. Completely embarrassed myself. Like, completely. I hate myself. Really, I hate myself. Only good part is that I don't remember a second of it, but still.

You can recover from this if you A: did not wet yourself or pull your pants down at any point in the evening, and B: did not crush on her.

I know you probably do not remember about either one, so lets hope for you.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 6, 2009 -> 09:31 AM)
The mail person mistakenly delivered my neighbors mail to us yesterday. Little did I know I live next to a Mariano Rivera.

Kenny Williams would not want you living next door to A Mariano Rivera, he would want you to live next to THE Mariano Rivera.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 6, 2009 -> 12:51 AM)

I actually pulled the same thing during the crushing phase of what is now my long-term girlfriend. I woke up in the morning, heard stories of what my dumbass did, and was like well, there goes my chances. Turns out I was still alright...but than again, I own Soxtalk so I have the whole "money" and "fame" thing going.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 6, 2009 -> 05:56 PM)
I actually pulled the same thing during the crushing phase of what is now my long-term girlfriend. I woke up in the morning, heard stories of what my dumbass did, and was like well, there goes my chances. Turns out I was still alright...but than again, I own Soxtalk so I have the whole "money" and "fame" thing going.

I still find it hard to believe that a chick as hot and cool as your girlfriend is actually likes you. LOL

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 6, 2009 -> 06:01 PM)
It's the drugs from the wrist surgery....they've duped her into thinking I'm someone else.

I'm sure you are perfectly content with going on with the rest your lives not telling her the truth either.

Unless you were a complete jackass to her I wouldn't be too worried about it. It was probably funny more than likely. I met my GF while I was pretty belligerently drunk and we're going on 3 years now.

Tree's are evil. The one outside decided to bury its roots in my sewer pipe. It was nice having it rain in the basement as the first floor toliet overflowed when the wife was taking a shower. The only good thing, is that my plumber tells me that Downers pays for digging up my yard. What a lovely freakin day this has been.

That's the good part??!! The worst part about this is, if you have friends like mine, they will make up all kinds of crazy s*** that you supposedly did...and you won't know what's true or what's BS.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Feb 7, 2009 -> 10:44 AM)
Tree's are evil. The one outside decided to bury its roots in my sewer pipe. It was nice having it rain in the basement as the first floor toliet overflowed when the wife was taking a shower. The only good thing, is that my plumber tells me that Downers pays for digging up my yard. What a lovely freakin day this has been.

Is the tree on public property? is that why DG has to pay?

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Feb 7, 2009 -> 08:20 PM)
Is the tree on public property? is that why DG has to pay?

Actually they started taking ownership of anything outside of the owners house a few years back. My plumber said it cost him some business in Downers and that I was lucky to live in this town, because its the only one in the area that does this.. They ran into some fly by night joints who ripped up some yards, and screwed up more of the street plumbing. So they decided to take ownership of it, and you can't even pull a permit to do the work yourself now. Hell I could care less why, its going to save me anywhere from 5k to 10k so I am happy.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Feb 7, 2009 -> 11:12 PM)
Actually they started taking ownership of anything outside of the owners house a few years back. My plumber said it cost him some business in Downers and that I was lucky to live in this town, because its the only one in the area that does this.. They ran into some fly by night joints who ripped up some yards, and screwed up more of the street plumbing. So they decided to take ownership of it, and you can't even pull a permit to do the work yourself now. Hell I could care less why, its going to save me anywhere from 5k to 10k so I am happy.

Are you worried about the quality of the work though? I can imagine them ripping up the lawn and just leaving a big pile of mud where your nice lawn used to be, it happened to a neighbor across the street from me

Sign of the times:

Called Sprint to tell them I might be switching providers, they immediately bent over and tossed in all kinds of free s*** in order to keep me. I'm not on contract which put me in the driver's seat.

The desperation in the guy's voice was telling of the state of the economy.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 8, 2009 -> 11:57 AM)
Sign of the times:

Called Sprint to tell them I might be switching providers, they immediately bent over and tossed in all kinds of free s*** in order to keep me. I'm not on contract which put me in the driver's seat.

The desperation in the guy's voice was telling of the state of the economy.

That's usually how Sprint does it. I remember when I used to work at Radio Shack (which carried Sprint & AT&T) whenever a customer would come in wanting to cancel/switch service, Sprint would fold faster than Superman on laundry day. AT&T on the other hand...

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Feb 8, 2009 -> 01:47 PM)
Anyone know of any good do-it-yourself moving companies? Considering price and all.

I bet Bob Dylan is an expert now after the sh*t storm that happened with his move

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Feb 8, 2009 -> 01:41 PM)
That's usually how Sprint does it. I remember when I used to work at Radio Shack (which carried Sprint & AT&T) whenever a customer would come in wanting to cancel/switch service, Sprint would fold faster than Superman on laundry day. AT&T on the other hand...

Well, then I'm gonna bend them over again in a few months.