Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 20, 2009 -> 08:59 PM)
'Bout to head to New Orleans for Mardi Gras. If I'm still alive come Monday I'll let you guys know how it went. Should be a blast and I plan to not remember any of it.

Glad you will finally see your first pair of bewbs in person. :P

Don't you think it would have been a better PR move if Microsoft just ate this loss?

Microsoft says it made an accounting error when it laid off some employees last month and now feels the best way to correct the error is with what will likely add up to a public relations blunder.

The software giant, which recently laid off 1,400 employees, sent letters this week to some of those former workers letting them know that their severance payouts were a bit too "generous" and respectfully requested that the former employees pay back that money, according to a report Saturday on TechCrunch.

Story Link

I'm convinced that past generations had it all over the more recent generations in terms of their ability to consume large quantities of stiff drinks.

I made myself a traditional Manhattan tonight, with Old Overholt rye, sweet vermouth, a dash of bitters and a cocktail cherry garnish. As classic and elegant a cocktail as ever there was, and a real nice sipper. But damn, this is a helluva strong drink. I remember my grandfather and my 90-lb grandmother knocking these things back poolside like nobody's business on family vacations. If I had two of these I think I'd be laid out on the floor.

The Greatest Generation indeed.

:notworthy :drink

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 23, 2009 -> 10:15 AM)
Don't you think it would have been a better PR move if Microsoft just ate this loss?

Story Link

They don't care about PR. If they cared about PR, they would of ditched the H1B Visa workers and kept the US Citizens.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 23, 2009 -> 11:24 PM)
Wish me luck...tomorrow I find out if I got this new job that I interviewed for on Friday. It was supposed to be today, but now it won't be until tomorrow. Come on baby!!!

Lets hope you get some good news today dude. If not just lie to us....no sense in bringing us all down today jas. :D

This completely sucks.

NASA satellite crashes minutes after launch

The satellite, which would have monitored greenhouse gases to study how they affect the Earth's climate, was launched on a rocket from Vandenberg Air Force Base in California at 1:55 a.m. PT (4:55 a.m. ET).

But the payload fairing -- a clamshell-shaped structure that allows the satellite to travel through space -- failed to separate from the rocket, NASA officials said.

I just heard an NPR piece yesterday talking about how many million measurements the satellite would make every week, and it sounded like it would have yielded a lot of urgently needed data.

$273 million project, damn.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Feb 24, 2009 -> 11:13 AM)
The girl who sits right next to me at work chews louder than any other girl I've ever met. It cuts through me like a hot knife through butter, but I don't know her well enough to tell her to shut her f***ing mouth. It drives me nuts.

You need Terry Tate the Office Linebacker in your workplace I think.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Feb 24, 2009 -> 10:13 AM)
The girl who sits right next to me at work chews louder than any other girl I've ever met. It cuts through me like a hot knife through butter, but I don't know her well enough to tell her to shut her f***ing mouth. It drives me nuts.

I think a Milkdud day would cure your problem. Eat them all day long around her, pick it out of your teeth, and just be annoying as hell

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Feb 24, 2009 -> 11:13 AM)

Just tell her dude.

I work with this chick who would always stick her hand in my plate and take something, like a french fry, or piece of fruit WITHOUT ASKING. I tried to be subtle by saying things like "oh, would you like some of my fries?". She'd just giggle and not realize it was really pissing me off. Finally had to embarass her in front of a few people in the cafeteria.