Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 20, 2009 -> 05:59 PM)
I used to hang out in my basement all the time. We had it furnished with carpet, entertainment system, ping pong table. Me and my friends hung out down there all the time, than in college, about 10 years ago, it flooded. We had to rip the carpet out and now it is a big storage space. Sad.

Same happened to my basement in about '96. However we ended up re-doing everything & whatnot.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 21, 2009 -> 12:14 AM)
Just got a call that my grandpa had to be taken by ambulance to the hospital for heart trouble...not a good start to Fathers Day.

Sorry to hear that, Heads, I hope everything is ok

I dont know if this is on purpose or not, but I have been looking at the webpage design differences between SI.com and ESPN.com and they have both set up their pages to list from left to right NFL before MLB. In the past, they would rotate the "hot" or in season sport to the left(or top, depending on how the topics scroll), and especially now with the MLB being the only major sport in-season, I found it strange that both SI and ESPN have the NFL listed first with MLB in full swing right now.

I dunno, maybe I am just looking in to it too much, but it is odd to me.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 20, 2009 -> 10:02 AM)
Why would I punch a punching bag with all my might when I havent ever done it before? I did this yesterday and my body crumbled to the ground. I thought they were softer and more moveable than that.

I was smoking shisha just now and you just made me choke.

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Jun 20, 2009 -> 07:04 AM)
My basement flooded for the first time in the 19 years I lived in my home. There goes my desktop, xbox, sub woofer, and considering i was walking in puddles down there probably the carpet as well. It was a nice surprise to come home too as I was planning on going to a party.

That sucks, sorry to hear that. I don't think it's possible for my basement to flood since the back of my house is on an incline and there is a steep dropoff, big depression and a woodline behind my house.

QUOTE (NIUSox @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 09:19 AM)
So Kane County Animal Control just called, they found my dog. What a great start to an exciting day for me!!!

Congrats! Hopefully the dog is alright and you take some extra pre-cautions from now on!

Was in Long Island this weekend about a half hour from the Hamptons. An annual Beer Olympics event. 6 teams of 8, 7 events. Lasted from about noon to 6 or so. So much fun. Favorite event was dizzy bat, got some hilarious footage of a couple of my friends completely wiping out after the spin and attempt to hit whiffle ball thrown to them.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 22, 2009 -> 09:31 AM)
Was in Long Island this weekend about a half hour from the Hamptons. An annual Beer Olympics event. 6 teams of 8, 7 events. Lasted from about noon to 6 or so. So much fun. Favorite event was dizzy bat, got some hilarious footage of a couple of my friends completely wiping out after the spin and attempt to hit whiffle ball thrown to them.

That is pretty awesome.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 22, 2009 -> 11:59 AM)
Soxpride club just paid out a bonus for me. I picked it up a few years back for the fact that mlb radio was included. Well just scored Cubs-Sox in the first level from a release to Pride club members. This rocks.

That is also awesome.

At work, a customer wrote a letter on my behalf and sent it to corporate and the CEO, complimenting the way I did things. Got an email from the VP last week and a handwritten note from the CEO today, with the letter attached. Kind of nice, especially since I usually only catch wind of things locally, when customers throw us under the bus for their idiocy.

So when I went to see Transformers today at 12:30 at South Barrington AMC 30, there were cops in a sectioned off Police Line Do Not Cross area with cones marking out certain areas, and there was some CSI stuff going on there. Did anyone hear of a fight or shooting there last night?

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jun 27, 2009 -> 08:35 PM)
So when I went to see Transformers today at 12:30 at South Barrington AMC 30, there were cops in a sectioned off Police Line Do Not Cross area with cones marking out certain areas, and there was some CSI stuff going on there. Did anyone hear of a fight or shooting there last night?

Several people committed suicide half way through the new Micheal Bay action film.