Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jan 14, 2009 -> 11:42 PM)
I don't know how you guys put up with walking to class in that cold of weather. I mean, I had to walk about 15 minutes to class today in 12 degree weather (with the wind chill) and it was awful. I almost thought about stopping half way and going back home. I literally couldn't feel my face when I got inside. Do you guys cover your face or anything when it's in the negative degrees, or just suffer?

The worst for me was Jan and Feb 07 down at U of I. Weeks of temperatures in the single digits or lower and a good 20 minutes one way to class. I usually had on long underwear, jeans, thick thermal socks, boots, two t-shirts, a long sleeve shirt, a sweatshirt, my winter jacket, gloves, a hat and a scarf. And I was still cold.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 15, 2009 -> 03:59 AM)
Where's the fun in that?

LOL, carry on, carry on.

I had to teach my dad a few tricks to get a few mice that moved in over the winter. He was leaving cheese on the bait-set and they would just take it off. I had to show him the peanut butter on a string trick and he nailed a huge one within 10 minutes

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jan 15, 2009 -> 06:55 AM)
LOL, carry on, carry on.

I had to teach my dad a few tricks to get a few mice that moved in over the winter. He was leaving cheese on the bait-set and they would just take it off. I had to show him the peanut butter on a string trick and he nailed a huge one within 10 minutes

At field camp up in Montana we had a huge mouse problem. About half of the way through the camp we finally convinced the instructors to buy us some mouse traps. The first night I set one with a bit of peanut butter, set it down and shut off the lights. 3 minutes it took to get the first one.

My total for the next couple weeks was something like 15, but I can't recall the exact count.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 15, 2009 -> 10:51 AM)
At field camp up in Montana we had a huge mouse problem. About half of the way through the camp we finally convinced the instructors to buy us some mouse traps. The first night I set one with a bit of peanut butter, set it down and shut off the lights. 3 minutes it took to get the first one.

My total for the next couple weeks was something like 15, but I can't recall the exact count.

we had some clever meeces where I was at. They would clean the peanut butter off the trap with not a drop left. My roomate told me to tie a piece of string to the trap, and put peanut butter on the trap and all over the string. When the mouse starts eating the peanut butter and gets the string in its mouth, it instinctively pulls on the string and sets the trap.

An old farmhouse I lived at in Carbondale had quite a few little critters lose their lives to that trick

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 15, 2009 -> 09:45 AM)
The worst for me was Jan and Feb 07 down at U of I. Weeks of temperatures in the single digits or lower and a good 20 minutes one way to class. I usually had on long underwear, jeans, thick thermal socks, boots, two t-shirts, a long sleeve shirt, a sweatshirt, my winter jacket, gloves, a hat and a scarf. And I was still cold.

I always sort of liked the cold winter walks to class, even though after I graduated I decided to chuck the cold weather and move south.

We had loads of snow this morning (made for a nice slippery walk to the subway this morning), but it's stopped now.

It's about 20 outside. Meant to be 15 tomorrow, and then a wind chill of -5 tomorrow night (perfect conditions for a Friday Night out in Manhattan).

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jan 15, 2009 -> 02:20 PM)
I hate the fact that my car has the defroster on full blast with the rear window defroster and I still have the windows freezing over because it isnt enough

I hate when I have to go outside early to defrost my windows before I'm fully dressed, I hate even more when I forget to do that and I have to sit and wait which makes me late for work.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 15, 2009 -> 01:22 PM)
I also hate that I always seem to go to the bathroom at work right when someone's dropping a deuce. I wish they'd put a fan or some windows in there or something.

oh my god, mine is the worst. sometimes I just go to another bathroom. I dont understand how 1 person could possibly smell up the entire bathroom in the way that they do, our bathrooms are humungous

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 15, 2009 -> 02:22 PM)
I also hate that I always seem to go to the bathroom at work right when someone's dropping a deuce. I wish they'd put a fan or some windows in there or something.

It's all about the Courtesy Flushes.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jan 15, 2009 -> 01:20 PM)
I hate the fact that my car has the defroster on full blast with the rear window defroster and I still have the windows freezing over because it isnt enough

When the temp is at freezing and it's raining, my windows frost up...no matter what the temperature inside is....so i constantly wipe the windows, have one opened so air can circulate...it's tedious trying to get conditions right so s*** will defrost

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jan 15, 2009 -> 02:25 PM)
oh my god, mine is the worst. sometimes I just go to another bathroom. I dont understand how 1 person could possibly smell up the entire bathroom in the way that they do, our bathrooms are humungous

Ours are tiny. 3 stalls (sometimes all 3 occupied in which I'll just wait) and 2 urinals that are only like a foot apart, with no divider. It feels funny peeing and your elbow is damn near touching the other guy.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jan 15, 2009 -> 02:27 PM)
It's all about the Courtesy Flushes.

I need to print up a memo or something.

I'm already going to make one informing people that I'll start stabbing them if they are caught using the last of the coffee without starting a new pot (currently my Facebook status, lol)

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 15, 2009 -> 01:22 PM)

I can relate.

I had a delivery route, so I had to stop at public places. I usually timed it the same and went to the bathroom at the same place, the mall. 4 Times out of 5 there was someone taking a s***.

Edited by TheBlackSox8