Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jul 6, 2009 -> 12:43 AM)
Imagine this - note the topic... :lol: We should have known then what kind of poster we had on our hands. Oh how enlightening it was...

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?s=...t&p=1271809

find mine, ooh find mine Mr. Wizard.

On second thought, I think I'd rather you didn't :lol:

Imagine this - note the topic... :lol: We should have known then what kind of poster we had on our hands. Oh how enlightening it was...

No one said welcome to soxtalk...I remember feeling very hurt and unaccepted.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jul 6, 2009 -> 03:33 AM)
I don't know if that is it or not?

But here's how you can do it shipps. Go to one of the forums and on the bottom right corner and where it says "Topics: All" change it to "Topics: I replied" then change "From: 30 days" to "Show All." Go to the last page in that forum and your first post should be in one of the topics though your going to have to play around to find what forum its in Palehose, SLaM etc..

I'd look for a Welcome to soxtalk response or something, but I don't think there is any way to know for certain its the first post.

This is the best response...here is your get out of jail free card sir.

That is a pretty good first post, actually. Kinda too bad no one seemed to notice it.

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Jul 6, 2009 -> 07:52 AM)

I've started a new SLaM thread for first posts. I'm actually pretty proud of mine, if you read the responses I got in that thread (which looking back are now kinda funny).

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Jul 6, 2009 -> 07:52 AM)

Oh sure. I go to all the trouble and HE gets the card? Plllluuuuhhhese. And I KNOW that was your first post (at least on this version of forums), without going through all that junk.

:D

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 4, 2009 -> 09:09 AM)
We are putting much faith in your ability to bring the quality up. You have not disappointed

I have been trying to find just a regular old kite to fly with my daughter, and I have been to Walmart, Target, and Toysrus with no luck(I am not counting the cheap Transformers and Starwars kites, nor the Airhog motorized kites), I just checked the hobby lobby page and they do not list kites, so I am now wondering if it is possible to find a normal kite somewhere.

I have nothing to offer, but funny story...I was actually scared s***less of flying kites when I was a kid. I was always afraid they would fly away and I'd never see them again (that was huge...I like slept with my kite and had tea parties with it, it was a good friend of mine or something) or I'd get sucked up by the wind. I'm a damn goof.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jul 6, 2009 -> 10:55 AM)
Oh sure. I go to all the trouble and HE gets the card? Plllluuuuhhhese. And I KNOW that was your first post (at least on this version of forums), without going through all that junk.

:D

Yeah you are right...you need it more than anyone with all your inappropriate Obama talk. :lol:

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 12:20 PM)
The Kindle is now priced at $299. I might be game after a 2nd price cut.

I want one of those so badly. But alas, it's still out of my price range. Covet, covet, covet. Oh, how I want one.

So for the past year I have been living at home, WHILE paying $500 a month for an apartment that I was not living in (Couldn't get financial aid anymore, town where school is was a s*** hole had to move home).. That lease has finally ended and I am no longer on the hook for payments.. man, it feels so good.

My friend's great-grandmother just died a couple days ago, she was 106. This means she was around for for the first flight, the end of empires, 2 world wars and a depression, the rise of automobiles, the entire Cold War and fall of the Soviet Union, the Civil Rights era, election of the first black president, etc...

And it would have made her about 5 when the Cubs won the World Series.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 09:07 PM)
So for the past year I have been living at home, WHILE paying $500 a month for an apartment that I was not living in (Couldn't get financial aid anymore, town where school is was a s*** hole had to move home).. That lease has finally ended and I am no longer on the hook for payments.. man, it feels so good.

That's why I love living at home, no board or rent to pay ATM.

Setting me up nicely for financial security, plsu my folks go away most w/e's anyways so I have the place to myself. :headbang