Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 01:14 AM)
Potty training kids SUCKS. I'll leave the details out. :lol:

My kid just stops to take s***s and when you tell him to go to the bathroom he's like "I don't want to." Sigh. He knows how, he's just not cooperative.

Good news fellas!

Stiftung-Prostrata-slip_thumb.jpg

The early detection examination for prostate cancer no longer takes place where it would be expected. A simple blood test in the crook of the arm suffices. Preferably early on. Ask your doctor and gain information on www.prostatakrebs.ch.

LINK

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 09:18 PM)
17832ff8efc76487f6d8e35357e64d6b-getty-8

So apparently, 2008 Olympic gymnastics great Shawn Johnson is a Sox fan, based on the hat she picked. I don't think she's 18 though, so try to refrain from further comment.

I think she just turned 18, so you are good

I just wanted to share with you guys the steam cleaning experience that i had this weekend

Quality Cleaners is who we used, you see their ad in the back of the flyers you get in the chicagoland area, 24.95 for a 4 bedroom house, 4.95 per room. about a year and a half ago I used stanley steamer and it was 100.00 even, so I tried QCleaners about 6 months ago, and paid 60 bucks. They came in, did the pretreating, stairs and steamcleaning for 60 bucks, which I thought was very fair considering the size of our place. This kid shows up on Friday and pulls out his reciept book and tells me "So with your signature here we can get started...." the total was 166.00!

So I am like "I dont think so, you better explain this bill to me"

So he says "Well, its 4.95 per room for steamcleaning, so the 3 rooms brings it to 14.95, I charge 10 percent for damage or injury(which is bull) and a 15 dollar service call fee, and (he waved his finger over the rest of the charges) said "total is 166 dollars". He didnt even explain the 100 dollar discrepency in the bill, he just waved his finger over it like that was the way it is.

So I was angry at this point, but I still wanted to get at least my great room/family room steam cleaned, so I ask him how much for that. He pulls out his (broken) calculator and does a little bit of math and comes back to tell me that 1 room will cost me 87.95 to steam clean. Let me explain my great room. At the most it would be 15X10 feet. at the MOST. 4.95 for 1 room, and 82 dollars in surcharges. I felt like asking him if I had SUCKER tattooed on my forehead. I paid him his service call fee because I am not a total jerk and told him to pack his things and move on.

But it didnt end there, Oh No! after he left I told my wife what happened and told her i was on my way to Lowes to rent a cleaner and do it myself, and as I am walking out the door the kid comes running up to the door (he was on the phone with his boss pretty much the entire time after I told him to leave) and he goes "I will do the ENTIRE job for 100 bucks"

I just told him "Sorry man, you gave me two seperate bills, neither of which I agree with, and only now you are coming back to me when you realized that I wasnt going to just fork over the money, sorry man, not gonna do it" and I drove to menards and rented a cleaner

I was livid. That kid really thought I was going to fall for it

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Jul 13, 2009 -> 02:24 PM)
While you were doing it yourself I bet you were thinking you would have given him 200 bucks to do that s***.

Previously owning a steam cleaner, i would not pay someone even 20 dollars to clean three rooms worth of floors. Really not worth it considering how extremely easy it is.

QUOTE (qwerty @ Jul 13, 2009 -> 02:45 PM)
Previously owning a steam cleaner, i would not pay someone even 20 dollars to clean three rooms worth of floors. Really not worth it considering how extremely easy it is.

Really? My Uncle does it and he is always b****ing and complaining of how hard it is. I have wood floors so I wouldnt have any experience.

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Jul 13, 2009 -> 02:46 PM)
Really? My Uncle does it and he is always b****ing and complaining of how hard it is. I have wood floors so I wouldnt have any experience.

it was annoying and hot and humid in my place, but at that point I wasnt giving that kid 1 dime much less 166 bucks

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 13, 2009 -> 03:29 PM)
So there is a tiny little mouse that keeps running under my desk. I'm not really scared of mice, but it's annoying and I don't like to be near them.

Where the hell do you work? Mrs O'Leary's barn?