Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What a great morning I have had already. Wake up to a flat tire. Was going to get a ride to work but my car was parked in a police order tow zone area from 800am to 400pm so I was forced to fix it. Now I am just going to think about Mark Buerhle to make all things better.

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 08:55 AM)
What a great morning I have had already. Wake up to a flat tire. Was going to get a ride to work but my car was parked in a police order tow zone area from 800am to 400pm so I was forced to fix it. Now I am just going to think about Mark Buerhle to make all things better.

Something must be going around, i had a flat last week

So I had a job testing sort of thing today, sort of a pre interview if you will for a Financial Trading Firm.

They give you 3 tests, and for the 1st test, they expect you to answer 80 math questions in 8 mins, and you have to get 55 right (and you lose 2 marks if you skip a question or get 1 wrong) to move on to the next 2 tests.

Somehow I don't think I got 55. :lol:

So I got summoned to appear downtown tomorrow to sign up for a week to do jury duty. I'm 21, just voted for the 1st time in November, and already got a summons? How unlucky is that? At least I'm a student out of town, so I'm pretty certain they'll let me out of it. But, a pain nonetheless to have to go downtown for a couple hours just to tell them I can't do it.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 11:24 PM)
So I got summoned to appear downtown tomorrow to sign up for a week to do jury duty. I'm 21, just voted for the 1st time in November, and already got a summons? How unlucky is that? At least I'm a student out of town, so I'm pretty certain they'll let me out of it. But, a pain nonetheless to have to go downtown for a couple hours just to tell them I can't do it.

You could have called and explained your situation and not waste your time driving out.

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 11:29 PM)
You could have called and explained your situation and not waste your time driving out.

Yeah, my dad said to try to do that, but of course I'm an idiot and didn't bother. It probably wouldn't have hurt to try. Anyway, the form said not to call unless you have a disability, etc (serious stuff like that), so I figured they'd just tell me I'd have to go down there anyway and show paperwork that says I'm enrolled in school.

http://television.aol.com/tvtop5/crossing-...y%2F31129743001

video clip of Anderson Cooper asking the Bacherllette (I know that's spelled wrong) about "hooking up" on the show. Cooper rules, there's other examples of him going off about reality shows. I love how the article is titled "Crossing the line?". This skank goes on national TV macks all over multiple guys and it's "shocking" when someone asks her about it?

Every joke Joel McHale made on the Soup about her having a lot of "personality" or she's "really nice" made me crack up.

Okay, so the jury duty selection process was actually quick and easy. It took about an hour and 15 minutes for me to get out of there, and I was one of the last ones of 4,000 people. Considering how inefficient the City of Memphis usually is with these kinds of things, I was pleasantly surprised. I just read a book until they called people who had a reason why the couldn't serve, I showed them my Student ID, and that was it.

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 03:07 PM)
I have never once served jury duty. I think the courts get me and my dad who are Sr. and Jr. mixed up or something.

I'm a 3rd and my dad, my grandpa when he was alive and myself all have gotten called.

I'm an attorney so likely won't get picked, but that's actually changing a little, I know an attorney or two who got picked on the state level, but when I got called for Federal jury duty another lawyer and I were basically told in questioning there wasn't a chance in hell we were getting picked

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 03:07 PM)
I have never once served jury duty. I think the courts get me and my dad who are Sr. and Jr. mixed up or something.

So what you're saying is he's the Big Shipps and you're more of a tugboat.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 03:32 PM)
I had jury duty last fall. Case get settled right before jury selection and all that. Beauty of it was we were told it counted towards our service so i'm exempt now for whatever many years it is

I know in Tennessee it's 10 years, which is nice, but I'm sure it depends on the state.

Also, I found it interesting that Memphis is was of a very few cities that lets its jurors pick what date they want to serve (as long as that date is open). Apparently most everywhere else you are just told when you have to do it. I like it the way we do it. For the most part, it allows people to find a week that works best for them.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 04:33 PM)
I know in Tennessee it's 10 years, which is nice, but I'm sure it depends on the state.

Also, I found it interesting that Memphis is was of a very few cities that lets its jurors pick what date they want to serve (as long as that date is open). Apparently most everywhere else you are just told when you have to do it. I like it the way we do it. For the most part, it allows people to find a week that works best for them.

In Illinois they do a good job of checking with the judges and seeing what is on their jury call for that day, and then using the number system to limit the number of people who have to go to the courthouse.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 04:19 PM)
I'm a 3rd and my dad, my grandpa when he was alive and myself all have gotten called.

I'm an attorney so likely won't get picked, but that's actually changing a little, I know an attorney or two who got picked on the state level, but when I got called for Federal jury duty another lawyer and I were basically told in questioning there wasn't a chance in hell we were getting picked

Is it possible that he somehow gets mine in the mail and thinks that it is his? I dont live with my parents obviously but mabe they get us mixed up that way and he is serving my jury duties. I thought its really strange with me being 27 that I never had it.