Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 09:37 PM)
Someone will soon, Ss...

We've had some that we thought shoulda have a while back like Griffey passing Aaron for the true homerun title.. but never materialized. I think we will see a new post champion/whore soon and you can start the assumptions of HGH. :D BTW lost, I'm calling you to break it in the future. For a guy who joined in 2007, your making a record pace right now. :P

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 07:45 PM)
We've had some that we thought shoulda have a while back like Griffey passing Aaron for the true homerun title.. but never materialized. I think we will see a new post champion/whore soon and you can start the assumptions of HGH. :D BTW lost, I'm calling you to break it in the future. For a guy who joined in 2007, your making a record pace right now. :P

Post per day:

Lostfan: 15.59

Balta1701: 24.84

2k5: 25.01

Fathom: 28.01

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 09:49 PM)
Post per day:

Lostfan: 15.59

Balta1701: 24.84

2k5: 25.01

Fathom: 28.01

I gotta say Balta, I had no idea your post count was this/that high. And since you joined two years prior to lost, I thought your post count was much lower.. You are really sneaking in for the kill. :lol:

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 10:05 PM)
I feel your pain. And I'd almost take two under 4 as a trade-in for obnoxious 9 and know-it-all 11.

I think I have the tempermental 1.5 and the know it all 3.5 year old. That's what I get for having girls. I already told the wife I am moving out for 10 years when the oldest starts menstruating.

:hawk:

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 07:50 PM)
The sad thing is in my first couple of years on the board, I was around 40 posts a day. I had no life then.

I was in that neighborhood too. Just goes to show how much less consistent of a poster I am. Although I still read the site every single day.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 10:05 PM)
I feel your pain. And I'd almost take two under 4 as a trade-in for obnoxious 9 and know-it-all 11.

I have a combination of the two. A obnoxious know it all 8 year old(9 next month), only child. I grew up with a brother and step brother, this is all totally foreign to me. The "Look at me Look at me!" attitude just does not make sense.

We had a 14' baby female sperm whale beach itself in south Florida yesterday. Only the third recorded stranding of the species here, although they are offshore inhabitants of our waters. She was very emaciated, apparently orphaned, and there wasn't anything that could be done for the animal and she had to be euthanized. The carcass is in the marine mammal necropsy facility here where I work and they will perform a fuil multi-institute necropsy today. I just went by the facility to take a look at the animal and what an awesome animal she was. At full size, she could have reached 45-60 feet!

After the necropsy, we'll macerate the remains so we can retrieve the bones and then rearticulate the skeleton which I will hang for display at our visitor center. I have three other dolphin and small whale skeletons on display, but this will be the biggest one by quite a bit.

Sad seeing this animal come to an end like that, but an interesting way to start the day.