Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 20, 2009 -> 08:27 AM)
It is really depressing to think that this is most likely Indian Summer right now...

why is that depressing? I think it is a relief, we had 3 straight weeks of 40 degree rainy weather

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 20, 2009 -> 09:26 AM)
It means it is all downhill for like 5 or 6 months.

Winter aint so bad. Especially when you move and your work commute changes from a half hour on major roads to 5 minutes on one backroad...... :D

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 2, 2009 -> 12:14 PM)
Every use of a gong in a rock recording is unnecessary and gratuitous with a single exception: Bonham's gong five measures into the "What Is and What Should Never Be" outro is totally appropriate and makes that track the transcendent rock anthem it is.

Gongs at the end of Bohemian Rhapsody and Dream on? Meh.

Discuss.

The way Danny Carey of Tool uses the gong towards the end of Lateralus is killer...check his video out on Youtube,one of the meanest drummers today.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 21, 2009 -> 02:54 AM)
Winter aint so bad. Especially when you move and your work commute changes from a half hour on major roads to 5 minutes on one backroad...... :D

Oh god, I can tell you I ain't going to miss the North American winter for the next 5 months.

This is like a week old, so it has probably been posted somewhere, but if not...

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/10/1...?iref=hpmostpop

This story is unbelievable. How the baby didn't die, I have no idea. I've watched the video a couple times and it just seems so impossible for the baby to have survived. If there are such things are miracles, this is one.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Oct 21, 2009 -> 04:53 PM)
This is like a week old, so it has probably been posted somewhere, but if not...

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/10/1...?iref=hpmostpop

This story is unbelievable. How the baby didn't die, I have no idea. I've watched the video a couple times and it just seems so impossible for the baby to have survived. If there are such things are miracles, this is one.

Saw it on the news last week. No clue what the mom was doing and not paying attention.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Oct 22, 2009 -> 01:00 AM)
Anyone use Adobe InDesign, or have used it? Easy to pick up?

I've used it mostly when I've inherited projects begun by others. I really dislike it for the most part but I muddle through for the little bit (change an image slice here and there pretty much) I need it for. It does integrate well with Photoshop so at least that pert of it isn't too bad.

So I'm actually going to apply for a Green Card this year.

The application has to be done within a month, but it's pretty simple all round actually, probably easier than it was to apply for a trainee visa actually.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Oct 22, 2009 -> 08:31 AM)
So I'm actually going to apply for a Green Card this year.

The application has to be done within a month, but it's pretty simple all round actually, probably easier than it was to apply for a trainee visa actually.

Good, I'm tired of you illegals!!!!

'MERKA!!! LUV IT URR LEEV IT!!!!

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 22, 2009 -> 10:09 PM)
I just upgraded to Windows 7. Completely painless.

By the way Microsoft is selling 7 for $29.99 to students if you have a .edu address (google it for the site, I forgot where).

Nice, I bought the upgrade awhile ago with the student discount but havent had a chance to actually upgrade yet.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Oct 22, 2009 -> 03:44 PM)
The Blue Angels are loud. My house will never be the same... until next year this time. Although this year, they are really loud because I think they're flying lower then normal because of the clouds.

Yeah, I can relate to that. A few years ago during the Air and Water show one of the Blue Angels, obviously flying to Chicago, flew so low to the ground that I thought a plane was about to crash into our neighborhood. It was an unbelievably loud roar. After it passed I looked out the window and watched it ascend rapidly, as about five neighbors exited their house probably wondering what the hell just happened.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 22, 2009 -> 10:09 PM)
I just upgraded to Windows 7. Completely painless.

By the way Microsoft is selling 7 for $29.99 to students if you have a .edu address (google it for the site, I forgot where).

How much is it for others?

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Oct 22, 2009 -> 11:21 PM)
Nice, I bought the upgrade awhile ago with the student discount but havent had a chance to actually upgrade yet.

3 gigabyte download, took me about 30 minutes and it was going at about 1.5 M/s. FIOS is so awesome