Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Nov 28, 2009 -> 10:29 PM)
Finally killed my 1st deer on Thursday. Been hunting for 5 years now and I got big doe. The venison will never taste better.

Really? I thought you had gotten one by now. Congrats.

Post pictures. I may not be able to hunt this year.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Nov 29, 2009 -> 01:20 AM)
Really? I thought you had gotten one by now. Congrats.

Post pictures. I may not be able to hunt this year.

Didn't get any pictures. 2 does came out in a small clearing about 40 yards in front of me. Took a while, had her stopped once but she was quartering away, didn't get a shot as she was staring me down, then she stopped broadside and I popped her. Got a ton of meat, she was HUGE. It was an awesome experience. Huge adrenaline rush. Love my .270.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 29, 2009 -> 05:21 PM)
My little bro got a big doe yesterday too. Then he had to go wading out into the swamp to retrieve it

Oh man, dragging that thing out of 90ish yards of swamp was ridiculous. So many fallen trees and logs to go over, on top of the fact that it's already a thick forest.

Got a problem for any tech savvy folks out there.

Using a new MacBook Pro, trying to connect to a network that I previously used with my old Macbook. This is the first time I am trying to connect using the new computer.

I try to connect to the network and a message pops up saying something to the effect of: Another device on the network is using your computers IP address (192.168.0.232).

I solve this issue by changing the setting from 'Using DHCP' to 'Using DHCP with manual address' and just set it to a random number (192.168.205). Now the internet works with this manual IP. So I am happy with that but I kind of am curious about why it wouldn't work previously simply using DHCP. Or how would a device on the network be using the same randomly assigned IP address.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Nov 11, 2009 -> 03:46 PM)
Anyone got a Google Wave Invite for me?

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Nov 12, 2009 -> 11:13 PM)
Marcus, if you get that Wave invite you gotta hook a fella up.

If you guys want one still PM me your email, and I'll send you one. Same to MHizzle who I couldn't quote.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 28, 2009 -> 06:05 PM)
Everytime I log into facebook there is a little icon on the right side of the screen that says "Find out who searched for you today...." and above that there is always a picture of a scantily clad big breasted woman.

Sure facebook, that girl searched for me today.

There are several big breasted women who search for me on facebook FWIW. Albeit not the ones in the ads.

So this may seem weird but does anybody know any detox methods for weed? A friend of mine just got a job offer a week ago and is worried about a drug test (and yes, it really is a friend). Any safe, proven methods? Kinda funny it was his first time doing it then got the offer (im guessing this helps with only a little bit in his system).

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 1, 2009 -> 02:52 PM)
So this may seem weird but does anybody know any detox methods for weed? A friend of mine just got a job offer a week ago and is worried about a drug test (and yes, it really is a friend). Any safe, proven methods? Kinda funny it was his first time doing it then got the offer (im guessing this helps with only a little bit in his system).

He only did it once, a week ago? Just drink a lot of water and he should be good. If he has a normal metabolism the body should get rid of it in, say, 4 days. If he smokes every day, that's when the body starts storing it in fat cells before getting rid of it so that's why you hear people talking about the 30 days and all that.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 1, 2009 -> 01:52 PM)

Cranberry juice does wonders, or they do have cleansing pills at a local Walgreens/grocery store as well or an enchanted green tea of some kind can help as well. Are they doing hair samples or is he peeing in a cup?

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 1, 2009 -> 03:46 PM)
Cranberry juice does wonders, or they do have cleansing pills at a local Walgreens/grocery store as well or an enchanted green tea of some kind can help as well. Are they doing hair samples or is he peeing in a cup?

He doesnt know, they just told him that they would send him a packet of info on nearby places to go for testing and that its a 24 hour policy after receiving the package.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 1, 2009 -> 02:52 PM)

Have him go to gnc and directly tell them his situation. They'll reach under the counter and hand him some s*** that for around $25, should take care of any worries......, or so I hear :ph34r:

QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 1, 2009 -> 03:33 PM)
He only did it once, a week ago? Just drink a lot of water and he should be good. If he has a normal metabolism the body should get rid of it in, say, 4 days. If he smokes every day, that's when the body starts storing it in fat cells before getting rid of it so that's why you hear people talking about the 30 days and all that.

Ill pass it along, thats good to know. I have never had to worry about a drug test since I stopped it a long time ago so I had no idea what to tell him. It was just that once so he should be good then.

Thanks guys for the responses.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 1, 2009 -> 02:48 PM)
He doesnt know, they just told him that they would send him a packet of info on nearby places to go for testing and that its a 24 hour policy after receiving the package.

If he is peeing in a cup, he should be fine. Now if he was getting a hair sample, normally I would advice to tell anyone to shave their arm-pits and get a military style fade to have little hair on him (or whoever) as possible. But since he's only smoked one time as your saying, I highly, highly doubt it is that extreme to go through all that. Like I said earlier Cranberry juice or green tea and he is good to go. But if he wants to be on the safe... safe side, just buy some cleansing pills (or take both) and drink water for the reminder of the day. Speaking from experience for a long time, I know (or used to in my case now) how to nail down these tests. :D I used to work at Jewel which required a drug test (theirs was the cup) and that was during my extreme stoner days. Pass that with flying colors.... or perhaps thats what I was looking at after I took the test. :lol:

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 1, 2009 -> 03:54 PM)
If he is peeing in a cup, he should be fine. Now if he was getting a hair sample, normally I would advice to tell them to shave his arm-pits and get a military style fade to have little hair on him as possible. But since he's only smoked one time as your saying, I highly, highly doubt it is that extreme to go through all that. Like I said earlier Cranberry juice or green tea and he is good to go. But if he wants to be on the safe... safe side, just buy some cleansing pills (or take both) and drink water for the reminder of the day. Speaking from experience for a long time, I know (or used to in my case now) how to nail down these tests. :D I used to work at Jewel which required a drug test (theirs was the cup) and that was during my extreme stoner days. Pass that with flying colors.... or perhaps thats what I was looking at after I took the test. :lol:

Hair testing is very expensive from what I hear, so unless it's a gov job, it's probably the 'wizz quiz'.