2009 MLB Catch-All Thread

knightni

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marlins have some magic going right now. Real exciting team to watch, and look out once Hanley gets going.

It helps to be in the same division as the Nationals.

Congrats to Daniel Cabrera for not striking out in an at-bat today. He drew a walk too.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 20, 2009 -> 10:41 AM)
What the heck?! Boston and Baltimore are playing right now and it's the 3rd inning? Did this game start at 9am?

It started at 10 central... it's a tradition in Boston for the Red Sox to play an early game on this day, some holiday I believe that is also lined up with the Boston Marathon

(Edit- It's Patriots' Day in Boston, I believe it's a holiday that area only celebrates, kind of like Kazmir Polaski day in this area)

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Apr 19, 2009 -> 11:07 AM)

Hey look, its the Washington Natinals

The happenings in DC these days are really quite sad, I've caught more than a few of their games this year since they've been playing the Marlins. If Extra Innings gives me a choice I like to watch the MASN feed because A.) Dibbs is one of the more interesting color guys in the game and B.) They have one of the oddest/uncomfortable/sad marketing campaigns I've ever seen for a professional sports team. Right up there with the Bulls of the early '00s: "get your ass down to the UC and watch talented opposing players like Iverson, Carter and McGrady destroy the lowly Bulls!"

Find more videos like this on myMASN

There are many more, including some for the Orioles. They tend to follow a similar theme; "Remember last September when we were 32 games out of first place and pulled off that win against a good team? That was awesome and I'm a f***ing nut job."

http://www.mymasn.com/video/video/listForC...e=1q26i2n7uwq46

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 18, 2009 -> 05:05 PM)
I used to love watching Dodgers games late at night when Gagne would come in and dominate the opposition. Broxton is getting to that level now also. He has the best fastball in the majors. That Dodgers team is fantastic, especially if Martin remembers he's supposed to be good.

His average fastball this year is 97.6 MPH (96.3 last year and 95.2 MPH in '07) which is far and away the highest in the game (he led baseball last year too) and he's been touching 100+ in 2 strike counts. He's a blast to watch. 21 batters faced, 1 has reached, 11 have struck out.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 20, 2009 -> 04:18 PM)
<!--quoteo(post=1873741:date=Apr 19, 2009 -> 11:07 AM:name=kyyle23)-->
QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Apr 19, 2009 -> 11:07 AM)
<!--quotec-->

Hey look, its the Washington Natinals

The happenings in DC these days are really quite sad, I've caught more than a few of their games this year since they've been playing the Marlins. If Extra Innings gives me a choice I like to watch the MASN feed because A.) Dibbs is one of the more interesting color guys in the game and B.) They have one of the oddest/uncomfortable/sad marketing campaigns I've ever seen for a professional sports team. Right up there with the Bulls of the early '00s: "get your ass down to the UC and watch talented opposing players like Iverson, Carter and McGrady destroy the lowly Bulls!"

Find more videos like this on myMASN

There are many more, including some for the Orioles. They tend to follow a similar theme; "Remember last September when we were 32 games out of first place and pulled off that win against a good team? That was awesome and I'm a f***ing nut job."

http://www.mymasn.com/video/video/listForC...e=1q26i2n7uwq46

ahahahaha

COUNT IT, 7 K'S

AND REMEMBER WILLIE HARRIS HE MADE THAT CATCH IT WAS AWESOME!!ONE

The Nats and Braves are playing in the bottom of the 8th inning after a couple of rain delays. The game is being played in Washington so there's about 60 people left in the stands and you can hear every word they're saying. It's quite entertaining.

Rafael Soriano has no idea where the ball is going when it leaves his hand.

i guess this is the best place to put this, but I am not a fan of the new player pages on the MLB sites for the teams. I liked it better when you could get a quick look at some stats right by the mugshot...

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 21, 2009 -> 05:38 PM)
Joey Devine is a kid with a world of talent. Can't seem to get that arm to work, right.

I still can't believe Beane got him for Mark f***ing Kotsay, I don't care how many arm problems he's had.

Anybody notice that the Red Sox are emphatically debunking the myth that you can't have a contending ML team while maintaining a productive farm system at the same time? Since 2005, their farm has produced Papelbon, Ramirez (who they turned into Beckett), Lester, Buchholz, Pedroia, Youkilis, Ellsbury, Delcarmen and Lowrie. Lowrie goes down a couple weeks ago and they insert Nick Green, who at his age doesn't qualify as a true prospect, but is putting up a line so far of .302/.375/.488/.863. Daisuke Matsuzaka, who's overrated as hell, but still a big part of their rotation, goes down and all they do is insert Justin Masterson, who in 6 games (the last two as a starter) is sporting a 2.70 ERA. They just called up Michael Bowden (who's ranked #83 on BA's top 100 prospects list) for one day, I guess. And he looked f***in' awesome in two innings against NY last night. It won't be long before he's back up to stay. I don't even know who the hell Hunter Jones is. But he looked good as well. They've got Lars Anderson, who's ranked the 17th best prospect by BA, waiting in the wings. Daniel Bard, who's ranked the 98th best prospect by BA, is putting up filthy numbers at AAA right now. That just gives them more quality depth pitching wise. Say what you will about the Red Sox and their fans (who I despise), but that organization has got it's s*** together. They've blown right by the Yankees as the premier franchise in baseball.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 27, 2009 -> 12:49 AM)
Anybody notice that the Red Sox are emphatically debunking the myth that you can't have a contending ML team while maintaining a productive farm system at the same time? Since 2005, their farm has produced Papelbon, Ramirez (who they turned into Beckett), Lester, Buchholz, Pedroia, Youkilis, Ellsbury, Delcarmen and Lowrie. Lowrie goes down a couple weeks ago and they insert Nick Green, who at his age doesn't qualify as a true prospect, but is putting up a line so far of .302/.375/.488/.863. Daisuke Matsuzaka, who's overrated as hell, but still a big part of their rotation, goes down and all they do is insert Justin Masterson, who in 6 games (the last two as a starter) is sporting a 2.70 ERA. They just called up Michael Bowden (who's ranked #83 on BA's top 100 prospects list) for one day, I guess. And he looked f***in' awesome in two innings against NY last night. It won't be long before he's back up to stay. I don't even know who the hell Hunter Jones is. But he looked good as well. They've got Lars Anderson, who's ranked the 17th best prospect by BA, waiting in the wings. Daniel Bard, who's ranked the 98th best prospect by BA, is putting up filthy numbers at AAA right now. That just gives them more quality depth pitching wise. Say what you will about the Red Sox and their fans (who I despise), but that organization has got it's s*** together. They've blown right by the Yankees as the premier franchise in baseball.

yup. the yankees are a joke. they spend their money and dont know how to. how hard was it, to get a bullpen arm or two like juan cruz? nope, they rather spend 20mil on each player. hey, burnett may be great for them, who knows, but they should have learned from the carl pavano signing

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 27, 2009 -> 12:49 AM)

That has to be the coolest name around. It sounds like a movie character.