2009 MLB Catch-All Thread

knightni

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 6, 2009 -> 07:54 PM)
Justin Upton is waking up.

capt.b68afcf1c0cb4bb0a6ceb22f4f3e6944.di

hope I never have to see that again

and yes, he's going to be scary good. It seemed like he struggled last year, but he only had one bad month (.520 OPS) and then he was hurt. Oh, and in 417 PAs, he had 40 XBHs. In his age 20 season.

He's going to be hitting homers for a long time.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 7, 2009 -> 09:43 PM)
Dude, you left out the key detail.

"against the nationals".

I was just doing some math, if they can wait out the Manny suspension until early July and he comes back with a force, they're still the best team in the NL

New Yankee Stadium is an absolute joke. 6 homers for Tampa tonight, including back-to-back off of Mariano in the 9th.

What's going on there? Have they figured out why so many HRs? It's got to be a concern.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 8, 2009 -> 12:52 AM)
Yanks already 5.5 games back. I know it's still very early. But that's the wrong damn division to put yourself in too big a hole. That team has A LOT of issues right now.

totally agree. Past their closer they have a ton of BP questions and their rotation isn't as rock solid as people think... don't forget how ridiculous Mussina was last year

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 7, 2009 -> 10:06 PM)
What's going on there? Have they figured out why so many HRs? It's got to be a concern.

The field has the same dimensions as the old Yankee Stadium, so it included the RF short porch, but it has turned out in practice that some combination of the orientation of the ballpark, seats, overhangs, etc., adds some extra wind heading out to RF that just wasn't predicted by any of the modeling. If they've come up with a detailed explanation for it, they're not releasing it, but the odds are they'll do something about it in time. Moving or raising walls or adding in some sort of wind screen could deal with it, but at least it's how its' going to be for this season most likely.

Since 1957, the MLB record for the longest consecutive game streak of 20 _____ or less (not including zero) by a player who was in the starting lineup is three games, by the "the big hurt".

What word belongs in the blank?

I will answer it in a day or so if anyone wants to take a crack at it... unless someone of course gets it before hand.

QUOTE (qwerty @ May 9, 2009 -> 03:56 AM)
Since 1957, the MLB record for the longest consecutive game streak of 20 _____ or less (not including zero) by a player who was in the starting lineup is three games, by the "the big hurt".

What word belongs in the blank?

I will answer it in a day or so if anyone wants to take a crack at it... unless someone of course gets it before hand.

I';; go with 'Walks'

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2009 -> 09:04 PM)
Why is Milwaukee keeping Brad Nelson on their 25 man roster? He's 0-20 this year. Also, Masset's pitching real well for the Reds.

Because they like fat left handed hitters with long swings who can only play 1B?