2009 MLB Catch-All Thread

knightni

QUOTE (Brian @ May 16, 2009 -> 04:45 PM)
Was listening to the Yankees radio broadcast at work today, holy cow do they suck. They make Ed farmer sound exciting.

Quality Yankees broadcasting went out with Tony Kubek, Phil Rizzuto and Mel Allen.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 16, 2009 -> 05:10 PM)
The TV guys are even worse. Michael Kay=The Biggest blowhard on the planet.

Michael Kay doesn't bother me but the way ESPN treats him, thinking he is some great broadcaster bothers me. Like no matter if you are good, bad, or in between, as long as you are a Yankees broadcaster, you are great. They need to keep him off Sports Reporters.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 16, 2009 -> 07:03 PM)
Michael Kay doesn't bother me but the way ESPN treats him, thinking he is some great broadcaster bothers me. Like no matter if you are good, bad, or in between, as long as you are a Yankees broadcaster, you are great. They need to keep him off Sports Reporters.

Trust me, the Yankee coverage out by me is absurd. He has a radio show, a column, the Yankee broadcast, and all that airtime on ESPN. Their is too much of a bad thing.

Watching the Rays/Indians game right now and because of a clerical error by the Rays starting pitcher Andy Sonanstine will being hitting 3rd today, they've forfeited their DH.

Both Longoria and Zobrist were written on the lineup card as third baseman (Longoria was supposed to DH) so because of this Longoria will start the game on the bench and the pitcher will have to hit for the remainder of the game.

So in a 2009 American League game the day's starting pitcher will be hitting 3rd. Wacky.

From last nights Mets-Dodgers game:

Errors by Gold Glove center fielder Carlos Beltran and fill-in first baseman Jeremy Reed in the 11th inning cost the Mets, who had the go-ahead run taken away on an appeal play after Ryan Church missed third base in the Los Angeles Dodgers' 3-2 victory.

Funny

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 19, 2009 -> 08:52 AM)
Reed looks schocked every time he makes a play. He's hitting pretty good, right now. Not enough to make anyone miss him.

He was traded for an important piece of the WS team, even if he was good to great I wouldn't miss him.