2009 MLB Catch-All Thread

knightni

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 22, 2009 -> 06:40 PM)
When was the last day that MLB.com didn't feature the headline "Player X is ___ this hit (usually the triple) short of the cycle" with some suggestion of history involved?

Today's fill in the blank: Freddie Sanchez.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 25, 2009 -> 11:06 AM)
Anyone see that home run by Tex the other day? WTF? There is no way that ball should have even come close to leaving the park, let alone around 10 rows up.

That ball has to be juiced up.

did we go back to blaming the ball again? That is soooo 1998

Daniel Cabrera DFA'd by Washington. I cannot believe they gave this guy $2.6 million this past offseason.

I know you were keeping track of his batting stats. Where did he end up? B)

Boy if he could just harness his stuff he'd be one of the top pitchers in the AL. /Some poster on Cooper Kool-aid

How ironic would it be to see them DFA Cabrera to bring up MacDougal? :lol:

Edited by santo=dorf

Went up to Miller Park for Cards/Brewers today. Miller Park has the hottest beer vendor of all time working there.

I LOVE when the play the Ultimate Warrior theme when Todd Coffey runs from the pen to the mound. Its awesome.

Edited by Brian

Josh Hamilton and his 6 HR, .791 OPS is a leading vote getter in the outfield. Shockingly Matty, Casey and Hart have no problem with this on the MLBN. JJ Hardy in the NL? Really? At one point do we just start ignoring this bulls*** game altogether?

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 27, 2009 -> 01:17 PM)
Happy birthday Frank Thomas. 41.

Jeff Bagwell gets no birthday wishes from me.

I don't know if it's sad or awesome that when I ripped the page off my calendar this morning and saw it was May 27th, Frank Thomas' birthday was the first thing that popped in mind.

Happy birthday, Hurt.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 27, 2009 -> 05:50 PM)
Josh Hamilton and his 6 HR, .791 OPS is a leading vote getter in the outfield. Shockingly Matty, Casey and Hart have no problem with this on the MLBN. JJ Hardy in the NL? Really? At one point do we just start ignoring this bulls*** game altogether?

That point came when MLB made the despicable decision to award something as critical as homefield advantage to the winning league.

QUOTE (qwerty @ May 26, 2009 -> 05:54 AM)
Danny richar broke up clay buchholz's no hitter in the ninth inning of their aaa game this past night. I found this interesting.

Danny doesn't seem to be doing much in AAA, Masset though is giving the Reds some decent production. It's amazing how quickly Richar fell out of favor with the White Sox..

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 27, 2009 -> 04:30 PM)
Derek Jeter and his .811 OPS are leading the AL in all star votes.

please don't forget to mention the fact that he is arguably the worst everyday fielder in baseball, because I had to sit through 5 minutes of Rick Sutcliffe (sp?) on ESPN babbling about how he is such a great defender.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ May 29, 2009 -> 08:47 PM)
Chris Davis: 0-4 4 K's, 75 K's in 162 at-bats so far this year. Still has to play in game 2 right now.

EDIT: Game 2, 0-3, 2 K's. 77 K's in 165 at-bats.

Davis is killing both my fantasy teams. And we think Josh Fields strikes out too much.