2009 MLB Catch-All Thread

knightni

MLB suspended Pablo Ozuna 50 games for using performance-enhancing drugs.

Ozuna was suspended for "elevated testosterone/epitesterone ratio," according to Major League Baseball. Ozuna is a member of Triple-A Lehigh Valley and his suspension begins immediately.

2005*

j/k

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 09:33 PM)
The Yankees simply cannot beat the Red Sox. It's amazing to watch. This is what happens when well-run moneyball meets too much money...ball.

It's amazing the turn of events that have taken place since the Yankees went up 3-0 in the 2004 ALCS. They've been the Red Sox's whore ever since.

How awesome is Baltimore's offense starting to look for the future?

Wieters

Markakis

Jones

Scott

Reimold

They need to get some pitching and infielders though.

Trading Brian Roberts and Aubrey Huff for a young starter or two would be a good start.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 12, 2009 -> 06:54 PM)

Wieters

Markakis

Jones

Scott

Reimold

Trading Brian Roberts and Aubrey Huff for a young starter or two would be a good start.

They don't really need pitching either. Assuming Rich Hill can give them league-average production they have Arrieta, Tillman and Matsuz on the way.

They don't really need pitching either. Assuming Rich Hill can give them league-average production they have Arrieta, Tillman and Matsuz on the way.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ As well as Troy Patton & Brandon Erbe. They are gonna be really fun to watch.

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Jun 12, 2009 -> 09:57 PM)
Crazy end to the Mets - Yankees game. Yankees trailed 8-7 with 2 outs in the 9th, runners at 1st and 2nd. Alex Rodriquez pops it up to end the game, but Castillo drops it, and the Yankees win 9-8.

That was unbelievable. And than he throws it to 2nd base instead of home.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 12, 2009 -> 05:54 PM)

Wieters

Markakis

Jones

Scott

Reimold

They've got more high-end pitching prospects than any team in baseball. I've been saying since the end of last season that teams better get their licks in now. Because come 2011 or 2012, they could be head and shoulders above the rest of the league. The Rangers are the other AL team, IMO, primed to dominate in 2-3 years.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 13, 2009 -> 02:35 AM)
Tim Lincecum with a CG shutout vs Oakland. Oakland's another team that has enough young pitching to compete for a couple years. Assuming their upper tiers offensive prospects can figure it out.

Can't forget about Tampa. And the Red Sox have become a prospect factory the last 3-4 years. I just hope in time that we can catch up to some of these teams.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 13, 2009 -> 02:56 AM)
Can't forget about Tampa. And the Red Sox have become a prospect factory the last 3-4 years. I just hope in time that we can catch up to some of these teams.

If the Sox can get anywhere near Boston in regards to prospect development, not only will the fanbase have a boner, but KW will as well.

--stated in that order for a reason.

Watching the Padres-Angels game, and I must say that I wouldnt mind a Tony Gywnn as a spot in for the broadcast, but with his son playing I feel that the announcers are so pressed to give special attention to Tony Jr. that it makes it feel so awkward and forced.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 12, 2009 -> 05:54 PM)

Wieters

Markakis

Jones

Scott

Reimold

yea they defiantly have the outfield DH and C covered now they just need an infield. I think moving huff and roberts along with their closer would expedite that.

Watching the Padres-Angels game, and I must say that I wouldnt mind a Tony Gywnn as a spot in for the broadcast, but with his son playing I feel that the announcers are so pressed to give special attention to Tony Jr. that it makes it feel so awkward and forced.

I'd be thrilled if Tim Raines Jr. came up to the Sox and posted a line of .333/.432/.464 after bottoming out with a couple of minor league teams.