2009 MLB Catch-All Thread

knightni

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 04:54 PM)
Is there a bigger sissy in the league than Erik Bedard? Today he gave up 2 ER but only went 3 innings throwing 81 pitches.

I hate him so much. I got him on my fantasy team, which is why I say this.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 26, 2009 -> 11:19 PM)
And the worst trade of the modern era continues to get worse for the Mariners. There goes any chance of them getting anything for him before the deadline.

That's worse than Pierzynski for Nathan et al.?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 10:57 AM)

By far.

Im going to say that Bedard will give more back to the Mariners than AJ gave the Giants, but it might just be a supplemental draft pick.

Meanwhile,

Nathan (one of the best closers) >>>>> Sherrill (A good closer)

Bonser and Liriano (Bonser is now bad, Liriano is quickliy getting to that point)

Then you have Adam Jones a 23 year old CF all star, and I cant remember the young bullpen arm they got too (I believe it started with an "m").

If Liriano didnt get injured or start sucking like he has then yes, that trade is more rape. But the amount of talent and success so far (and so early) in the return for Bedard is just ridiculous.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 10:57 AM)

Without question. Adam Jones has already established himself as an all-star, with the potential to be a superstar. George Sherrill has already established himself as an above average closer. Chris Tillman is arguably the best pitching prospect in baseball. Kam Mickolio has been compared favorably to Bobby Jenks. Don't know much about Tony Butler. But who cares. Meanwhile, Erik Bedard appears to be headed down the same road as guys like Mark Prior and Jason Schmidt.

This isn't a case of 20/20 hindsight here. I remember anybody who knew anything about baseball saying the Mariners gave up way too much for Bedard when the trade was made. They were all, um, right.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 11:23 PM)
Lincecum just threw a CG with a career-high 15 K's. It's amazing to watch him pitch when he's on.

In the famous words of Kalapse.

"Sure he may look like an innocent child whom you may see frolicking in a meadow some sunny spring afternoon but under that sweet exterior lies a lethal killing machine."

azer1010223161024x76871.jpg

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 11:37 PM)
Ironic that Fernando Tatis also hit a grand slam today.

where's Robin when you need him?

btw, Lincecum eats children

(first person to remember who said it first wins major nerd points, unless it is said person, in which case, nerd points are maxed out)

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 06:23 AM)
Am I the only one who thinks they should just give the CY to Tim Lincecum right now? What he did to the Pirates last night was just wrong. Only guy with a legitimate case for the award to this point is Dan Haren. But they typically don't give the award to a guy from a lousy team.

CLIFF LEE

s*** TIM LINCECUM

yeah, I would trade the entire minor league system minus any player on the 40-man that the Giants didn't want for Lincecum right now. He has quickly and, quite frankly, not very quietly overtaken Johan Santana as the best pitcher in the league.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 06:25 AM)
CLIFF LEE

s*** TIM LINCECUM

yeah, I would trade the entire minor league system minus any player on the 40-man that the Giants didn't want for Lincecum right now. He has quickly and, quite frankly, not very quietly overtaken Johan Santana as the best pitcher in the league.

He's the single reason why I think the Giants would have a real shot to get to the World Series if they make it to October. He's that f***ing good.