2009 MLB Catch-All Thread

knightni

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4320078

I do not know if this is posted anywhere yet but if not here we go

Francoeur to the Mets, Ryan Church to the Braves. I like Jeff Francoeur a lot and think the guy has a lot of potential to play good. I think its weird that rivals traded and hate to see Jeff playing for the Mets, but I think he'll play better since he may not have that hometown pressure on him. Church seems pissed with the trade and maybe that sparks him. I like the thoughts of a Wright/Francoeur duo if Jeff can become the player he can be.

edit: i believe it was already posted .. dont feel like taking stuff out though

Edited by JFields27

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 11:39 PM)
The ump with the emphatic called 3rd for the no-hitter! Wasn't a strike, but the hitter deserved that for showing the bunt to start the AB.

According to Gameday, that ball was right on the outside corner.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 11, 2009 -> 01:28 AM)
This is one of the many reasons that Kenny Williams is the White Sox GM. We could have this guy, here's an actual quote from Met's Gm Omar Minaya: "One thing we like about Francoeur is the amount of games that he plays."

Because there's basically nothing great about him. At least he stays healthy right?

His arm's pretty good, but he's not that good of an outfielder in terms of range.

And we all know he can't hit very well...

Juan Uribe entered tonight hitting .301 with a .796 OPS, almost 2004 esque. He also entered tonight hitting .355 with a .903 OPS at his home park, pitchers haven AT&T Park. How is that even possible? I'm not sure how he did it in 2004 and i'm not sure how he is doing it now.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 05:15 AM)
Jay Bruce just went out for six weeks with a wrist injury. IF the Reds weren't looking hard to get a bat before, they sure as hell are now.

That's a team that has no chance to compete in the 2nd half, and would really hurt their future if they traded young guys for rentals.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 11, 2009 -> 11:20 PM)
That's a team that has no chance to compete in the 2nd half, and would really hurt their future if they traded young guys for rentals.

Jocketty knows that, I wouldn't expect them to be dealing. I wouldn't rule any team out of the NL Central race though, the winner of that division probably will only have about 85 wins.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 11, 2009 -> 11:15 PM)
Jay Bruce just went out for six weeks with a wrist injury. IF the Reds weren't looking hard to get a bat before, they sure as hell are now.

I saw that this morning on the highlights, and man did that look nasty. They showed his wrist right after the injury and it was already extremely swollen up.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 10:27 AM)
I saw that this morning on the highlights, and man did that look nasty. They showed his wrist right after the injury and it was already extremely swollen up.

Wasn't as bad as the one by Matsui a couple years ago, but man I hate watching those where the person's wrist gets pinned. Ouch. I'm wincing just thinking about it.

QUOTE (BaseballNick @ Jul 13, 2009 -> 03:37 PM)
I just saw on Rotoworld that Pedro is scheduled to take a physical for the Phils. I imagine they'd be less interested in Halladay if Pedro signs.

on Mike & Mike this morning, Ken Rosenthal said the Pedro signing will not effect their position on Halladay