2009 MLB Catch-All Thread

knightni

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 03:53 PM)
They are really fun to watch. My second favorite team in the MLB now (and I'm not just saying that cause I'm the GM of their team in a fantasy baseball league) I mean I love watching the young guys play. Dexter Fowler.. :wub:

I have to agree. I was cheering for the Giants to win the WC strictly because I want to make sweet love to Tim Lincecum. But like you said, the Rockies are extremely fun to watch (I've only seen about 3 of their games, but I've been watching plenty of highlights on MLB.Com). They've got a really nice blend of youth (Fowler, Gonzalez, Stewart, Iannetta, Smith, Jimenez, De La Rosa, Morales, Street) and vets (Helton, Hawpe, Barmes, Spilborghs, Marquis, Cook). Offensively, they've got so many guys that can hurt you. They're deep and versatile. Their rotation, while not dominating, is pretty damn solid. Ubaldo Jimenez is on the cusp of stardom. As this article goes into detail on how good he's been - http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/index.php/ubaldos-an-ace. De La Rosa is another stud in the making. Marquis and Cook have lousy peripherals. But they induce a s***load of ground balls and they keep their walks to a minimum. Bullpen is solid as well led by Huston Street. I really like this team. Oh, and they're only 2 games behind the Dodgers now.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 26, 2009 -> 05:37 AM)
I have to agree. I was cheering for the Giants to win the WC strictly because I want to make sweet love to Tim Lincecum. But like you said, the Rockies are extremely fun to watch (I've only seen about 3 of their games, but I've been watching plenty of highlights on MLB.Com). They've got a really nice blend of youth (Fowler, Gonzalez, Stewart, Iannetta, Smith, Jimenez, De La Rosa, Morales, Street) and vets (Helton, Hawpe, Barmes, Spilborghs, Marquis, Cook). Offensively, they've got so many guys that can hurt you. They're deep and versatile. Their rotation, while not dominating, is pretty damn solid. Ubaldo Jimenez is on the cusp of stardom. As this article goes into detail on how good he's been - http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/index.php/ubaldos-an-ace. De La Rosa is another stud in the making. Marquis and Cook have lousy peripherals. But they induce a s***load of ground balls and they keep their walks to a minimum. Bullpen is solid as well led by Huston Street. I really like this team. Oh, and they're only 2 games behind the Dodgers now.

I'm sad, you left Tulowitzki off their blend of youth :P . I share the same birthday with the guy, and we're the same age.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Sep 2, 2009 -> 02:24 PM)
So I guess the Braves don't look so silly for dumping the overrated Kotchman for LaRoche. LaRoche's SLG is higher than Kotchman's OPS since the trade.

His career OPS with Atlanta is up around .850, his OPS with Pittsburgh is around .810. Maybe he just likes being a brave?

Anyone remember the Metrodome Batboy tackle of the guy running on the fieldaround three years ago? You can youtube it, well I meet the other dolt who ran on the field with him. Funny character, turns out all they got was a $25 fine, banned the rest of the season, and were dropped off at home. Isnt running on the field a severe crime in Illinois?

Oh and that Batboy owned him.

Edited by Stocking

QUOTE (Stocking @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 05:05 PM)
Anyone remember the Metrodome Batboy tackle of the guy running on the fieldaround three years ago? You can youtube it, well I meet the other dolt who ran on the field with him. Funny character, turns out all they got was a $25 fine, banned the rest of the season, and were dropped off at home. Isnt running on the field a severe crime in Illinois?

Oh and that Batboy owned him.

You can be charged with a felony because of the Ligues now.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 4, 2009 -> 11:09 AM)
MLB Fines Papelbon for taking too much time on the mound.

Missing from this story is the part where they sent the money to Buehrle.

Steve Trachsel's lucky this rule wasn't enforced when he was around.

I also gotta wonder about Rafael Betancourt...

Edited by chw42