2009 MLB Catch-All Thread

knightni

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 23, 2009 -> 05:57 PM)
Cubs DFA SP Thomas Diamond - former 1st round top 10 pick of the Rangers.

Think he'd be someone to try to fix?

All we'd need is Volquez to get the acronym back!

Anyway, why'd he miss 2007? Injury I assume?

Even with whatever it was he put up a 1.75 WHIP this year as a reliever. and 1.70 in 2008.

If he's fixable, sure, take a flyer on him as a minor league deal. Worst that happens is he doesn't make the team. Boo-hoo. But with a guy like that, it winds up being him having to choose to come here.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 23, 2009 -> 11:10 PM)
Brad Lidge sucks

http://www.philaphans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95265

This thread is beyond hilarious. I love visiting other message boards. Judging by what we see around here, were the only team in baseball that doesn't have the perfect manager, GM, players, ect.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Sep 24, 2009 -> 12:08 AM)
I thought it was laughable that the MLB Network decided on the Phillies as the team to follow for their new Bullpen show.

Maybe that was based off their '08 performance? They had one of the top 3 or 4 'pens in the game last year. It just continues to astound me how volatile bullpens are year-to-year.

It all depends on what he thinks of the franchise, if he is comfortable there and believes they will be more committed to winning (well, higher payroll) then I believe he stays. If he believes his contract will be most of the new revenue and they wont make big additions to the team, I dont think he will.

Some of these players don't realize how smart it is to take an offer like that.

He'd have 120 million dollars which is plenty. My god.

And once he retires, he's guaranteed to actually have something to do the rest of his life, like be a broadcaster, a special liason to the team, or whatever. The team will employ him forever like the Royals do in giving George Brett money for no reason.

He signs that contract in Minny and he's set for life money wise and enjoyment of life wise. Hopping from team to team is overrated when you get an offer like he just got.

Why leave Minnesota?? It'd very stupid of him. 120 mill is enough.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 28, 2009 -> 06:35 PM)
Some of these players don't realize how smart it is to take an offer like that.

He'd have 120 million dollars which is plenty. My god.

And once he retires, he's guaranteed to actually have something to do the rest of his life, like be a broadcaster, a special liason to the team, or whatever. The team will employ him forever like the Royals do in giving George Brett money for no reason.

He signs that contract in Minny and he's set for life money wise and enjoyment of life wise. Hopping from team to team is overrated when you get an offer like he just got.

Why leave Minnesota?? It'd very stupid of him. 120 mill is enough.

That is actually a pretty good point with the knees he has.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 29, 2009 -> 02:53 AM)
Props to the Angels for winning their 5th AL West title in the last 6 years. It's hard not to feel good for them after the mess they've had to go through this year.

No doubt and couldn't have said it better myself. Wouldn't surprise me (shouldn't to anyone really) if they play out of their minds in the playoffs and wound up winning the W.S. in honor of Adenhart.

I mean this is just terrific here. http://losangeles.angels.mlb.com/media/vid...89&c_id=ana Even the final out when they clinched you have to feel good for them. The injuries, the passing of a potential stud pitcher in Adenhart, etc.. the Angels are a real feel good story. Them, the Dodgers/Colorado, I'll be rooting for in the playoffs.

FYI: I called Morales exploding this year when givin the chance finally. I wanted him here for two years now, and knew he was gonna be good. Also Scott Kazmir was a brilliant addition late for them.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Sep 29, 2009 -> 03:02 AM)
No doubt and couldn't have said it better myself. Wouldn't surprise me (shouldn't to anyone really) if they play out of their minds in the playoffs and wound up winning the W.S. in honor of Adenhart.

I mean this is just terrific here. http://losangeles.angels.mlb.com/media/vid...89&c_id=ana Even the final out when they clinched you have to feel good for them. The injuries, the passing of a potential stud pitcher in Adenhart, etc.. the Angels are a real feel good story. Them, the Dodgers/Colorado, I'll be rooting for in the playoffs.

FYI: I called Morales exploding this year when givin the chance finally. I wanted him here for two years now, and knew he was gonna be good. Also Scott Kazmir was a brilliant addition late for them.

Holy s***@that vid. I'm not one that gets overly emotional but damn. And I agree about the Angels being good enough to win it all. This is the best offense they've had since they won it all in '02. Their pitching isn't as good as it's been in past years. But Lackey/Weaver/Kazmir (I'm assuming those would be their top 3) is pretty formidable. Then you got Saunders and Santana, who's rounding into form, and you have a pretty deep staff. Bullpen is solid led by Fuentes. They've got a real shot. Hopefully they don't play the Red Sox in round 1 again. They're to the Angels what the Bulls used to be to the Knicks all those years we were winning titles.

Here's another vid. http://losangeles.angels.mlb.com/media/vid...tent_id=6902199 Fast forward to about 1:30. That might be the most hilarious thing I've ever seen in a celebration. :lol:

This can only help LAA try and resign Abreu (who they really want back) and possibly Figgins. (if the price is right)

Edited by SoxAce