2009 MLB Catch-All Thread

knightni

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 07:07 PM)
I like me some Emiliooooooooo Bonifacio.

He's off to a hell of a start.

I LOVE me some Adam Jones and Nick Markakis. They're probably my two favorite non White Sox players in all of baseball. The AL East (and the entire AL for that matter) better get their licks in while they still can. With the arms they've got comin' up, Wieters on the way, and the aforementioned Jones/Markakis, the O's are primed to become scary good.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 10:26 PM)
He's off to a hell of a start.

I LOVE me some Adam Jones and Nick Markakis. They're probably my two favorite non White Sox players in all of baseball. The AL East (and the entire AL for that matter) better get their licks in while they still can. With the arms they've got comin' up, Wieters on the way, and the aforementioned Jones/Markakis, the O's are primed to become scary good.

They need pitching.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 10:58 AM)
They need pitching.

Chris Tillman, Brian Matusz and Jake Arrieta, their 3 top pitching prospects, were ranked #22, #25 and #67 in BA's top 100 prospects list. They've also got talented high-ceiling guys in Brandon Erbe and David Hernandez. Obviously, you never know how prospects will turn out. But the potential looks to be there. If even 3 of those 5 guys turn out well they'll be set up quite nicely for the next half decade.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 07:10 PM)
Chris Carpenter took a no hitter in to the 7th inning in getting his first win since the 2006 world series. If he goes the distance this season...watch out.

Indeed. CC is a big-time X-factor in that division.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 12, 2009 -> 12:05 AM)
The Orioles are getting increasingly fun to watch. When Wieters, Matsuz,Tillman, and Arrita come up, they might have something good brewing.

They (the Orioles) actually got me thinking about ordering the MLB package. They're that fun to watch. What I wouldn't do to have Adam Jones roamin' CF in a White Sox uniform for the next 10 years.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (BearSox @ Apr 12, 2009 -> 12:24 AM)
I just wanted to say... oh man, how good would Either look in a White Sox uni next year? I would love for us to trade for him. Playing half of his games in the cell, he could probably average between 25-30 homers a year.

It would look very good. I would also like Barry Bonds and Hank Aaron, in their hey-days of course.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 12, 2009 -> 01:51 AM)
They (the Orioles) actually got me thinking about ordering the MLB package. They're that fun to watch. What I wouldn't do to have Adam Jones roamin' CF in a White Sox uniform for the next 10 years.

Yeah, I love their OF, Scott-Jones-Markakis is the sex.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 12, 2009 -> 06:07 PM)
Yeah, I love their OF, Scott-Jones-Markakis is the sex.

I'm still not sold on Jones. I haven't been too impressed when I've seen him play and he needs to fix that strike out and no plate discipline problem before I consider him a future top player. However, he's got a ton of potential. Hell, even Pie still has a lot of potential.

Most importantly though, Markakis is 99.9999% of the sex in the O's outfield. I'd possibly give not just one, but both of my nuts to have Markakis on this team. He's like an even awesomer version of Sweeney! I don't know, it seems like I have a fetish for lefty throwing and hitting outfielders. I love Sweeney, Ethier, and Markakis.

Edited by BearSox

QUOTE (BearSox @ Apr 12, 2009 -> 07:50 PM)
I'm still not sold on Jones. I haven't been too impressed when I've seen him play and he needs to fix that strike out and no plate discipline problem before I consider him a future top player. However, he's got a ton of potential. Hell, even Pie still has a lot of potential.

Most importantly though, Markakis is 99.9999% of the sex in the O's outfield. I'd possibly give not just one, but both of my nuts to have Markakis on this team. He's like an even awesomer version of Sweeney! I don't know, it seems like I have a fetish for lefty throwing and hitting outfielders. I love Sweeney, Ethier, and Markakis.

I think, at the least, that Jones has shown he is not a bust and belongs on a MLB roster, if nothing else. I agree that he needs to get his OBP up and get his OPS into the .800s first, but I think he'll get there.