Winter of '09 television season thread

shipps

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TheBlackSox8 @ Jan 13, 2009 -> 11:17 PM)
think i saw 4 more episodes or something...should just have a 2 hour series finale.

I think i heard there will be about 6 episodes (which may or may include the 2 hour series finale that is planned) starting mid-April. So there will be a conclusion. There have been a lot of detractors of the show since the first season but it still has entertained me even up to now. I'll be somewhat sad to see it go

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 15, 2009 -> 11:57 AM)
Flight of the Conchords starts up this Sunday....I think.

Nice,thanks for the reminder. I hope there is less music this year and more sketch comedy though. Some songs are classic but they should weed out some of the eh type songs.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 15, 2009 -> 12:57 PM)
Flight of the Conchords starts up this Sunday....I think.

They had a launch party for it on Tuesday over here with free food and drink, but because of a stupid class, I wasn't able to make it.

The clip on Youtube with Murray being fired by Jermaine and Brett is hilarious though (and shipps, no I do not sound like Murray ok).

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jan 15, 2009 -> 01:20 PM)
They had a launch party for it on Tuesday over here with free food and drink, but because of a stupid class, I wasn't able to make it.

The clip on Youtube with Murray being fired by Jermaine and Brett is hilarious though (and shipps, no I do not sound like Murray ok).

I must respectfully disagree with ya there brother. Everytime I see him I think of you talking LOL. Even when I seen him as the boss in Yes Man I thought of you and LMAO.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 15, 2009 -> 09:28 PM)
3rd season of Friday NIght Lights was good. They can NOT cancel this show. Hopefully the run on NBC is strong.

Agreed..fantastic season and a great potential storyline next year (don't read further due to spoilers if you missed 3rd season) with Eric coaching Dillon's rival. The girls looked hotter than ever last night, with Julie's chest on full display and the continue rise of Minka Kelly to superstar status (check out egotastic for her Golden Globes dress). The championship game episode had one of the best moments I've seen on a sports show with Tim leaving his shoes on the football field. It was hard to get my wife to understand what that means due to the tears flowing down her face.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 15, 2009 -> 03:08 PM)
Agreed..fantastic season and a great potential storyline next year (don't read further due to spoilers if you missed 3rd season) with Eric coaching Dillon's rival. The girls looked hotter than ever last night, with Julie's chest on full display and the continue rise of Minka Kelly to superstar status (check out egotastic for her Golden Globes dress). The championship game episode had one of the best moments I've seen on a sports show with Tim leaving his shoes on the football field. It was hard to get my wife to understand what that means due to the tears flowing down her face.

The only thing that would worry me is that besides McCoy, there would be a whole slew of new kids. But I trust the writers to keep it going.

And Tyra > All

What can I say? I like em tall.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (juddling @ Jan 15, 2009 -> 04:10 PM)
Anyone else checking out The Beast tonight??? looks like maybe The Shield lite. I'll give it a chance.

I have a hard time getting into a show whose lead character is going to die any day now. That doesn't spell much for longevity.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 15, 2009 -> 09:16 PM)
The only thing that would worry me is that besides McCoy, there would be a whole slew of new kids. But I trust the writers to keep it going.

And Tyra > All

What can I say? I like em tall.

Sorry, Tyra's #4 after Lyla, Julie, and Mrs. Taylor.

• 4 weeks later...
QUOTE (juddling @ Feb 7, 2009 -> 07:00 PM)
This past week's Battlestar Galactica was awesome. I was surprised they ended the mutiny as fast as they did but if they can keep the pace up to the end...great.

Burn Notice continues to be my new favorite show.

The great thing about Burn Notice is that they know what the show is and don't take it too seriously. It's consistently entertaining.

I have been watching alot of the Travel channel, Anthony Bourdain's "No Reservations" is a really entertaining show. He really gets into the nooks and crannies of distant lands and the foods that they eat. Some of what you would think would be disgusting things to eat actually look pretty delicious.

QUOTE (shipps @ Feb 8, 2009 -> 11:12 AM)
I have been watching alot of the Travel channel, Anthony Bourdain's "No Reservations" is a really entertaining show. He really gets into the nooks and crannies of distant lands and the foods that they eat. Some of what you would think would be disgusting things to eat actually look pretty delicious.

Yeah. Last Monday, he really went off the deep end when he visited the most recent distant land.

QUOTE (knightni @ Feb 8, 2009 -> 10:15 AM)
Yeah. Last Monday, he really went off the deep end when he visited the most recent distant land.

He was in Chicago last week wasnt he...f***ing knightni lol...most of them are from distant lands.

EDIT: I have a ton of his shows recorded so I have been watching alot of old episodes.