Winter of '09 television season thread

shipps

i know some of you watch top chef, even if you won't admit it....

leah went home tonight, and frankly, she was clearly the 5th best chef of the ones left, but it seemed to me like Stefan made the worst dish this week and probably should have gone home for that, even though I do think he's the best of the 5...

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve, do you have any idea why that one guy has his face blurred out on Rob's fantasy factory? He showed his face all the time on Rob and Big, and you could tell it is him even through the blur. Iam just curious wtf he doesnt want to be seen.

QUOTE (shipps @ Feb 17, 2009 -> 08:29 AM)
Steve, do you have any idea why that one guy has his face blurred out on Rob's fantasy factory? He showed his face all the time on Rob and Big, and you could tell it is him even through the blur. Iam just curious wtf he doesnt want to be seen.

My best guess is he's an ex-con or running or something. He doesn't want someone to know he's hanging out there. I really don't know, but there must be some reason. It's Turbo the handyman, right?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 17, 2009 -> 09:14 AM)
My best guess is he's an ex-con or running or something. He doesn't want someone to know he's hanging out there. I really don't know, but there must be some reason. It's Turbo the handyman, right?

I dont know if thats what they call him,but he is the guy with the long dark hair and dresses hip hop. He looks almost middle eastern. I dont think he is running from anyone because if he is trying to hide he is doing a sucky job if I can point him out. I was thinking maybe he isnt friends with Rob any more and he made it a legal issue with him or something.

QUOTE (shipps @ Feb 17, 2009 -> 09:20 AM)
I dont know if thats what they call him,but he is the guy with the long dark hair and dresses hip hop. He looks almost middle eastern. I dont think he is running from anyone because if he is trying to hide he is doing a sucky job if I can point him out. I was thinking maybe he isnt friends with Rob any more and he made it a legal issue with him or something.

That very well could be, it was just an educated guess on my part.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 17, 2009 -> 11:51 AM)
f***ing Heroes, give me some damn direction!!!!!

Seriously, the show is all over the place right now.

HRG getting kicked out of his house saying he is going to try and get better and then getting kidnapped by the hero posse. Sylar rescuing the little pain in the butt kid. Lots of other stuff.

What's your take Rock?

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Feb 17, 2009 -> 01:15 PM)
Seriously, the show is all over the place right now.

HRG getting kicked out of his house saying he is going to try and get better and then getting kidnapped by the hero posse. Sylar rescuing the little pain in the butt kid. Lots of other stuff.

What's your take Rock?

No idea. We know Peter and Hiro get their powers back somehow, not sure how that happens, and what is with Ando's power? There has to be something more to it. I hope they are setting something up, cause right now they are treading water.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 17, 2009 -> 03:00 PM)
No idea. We know Peter and Hiro get their powers back somehow, not sure how that happens, and what is with Ando's power? There has to be something more to it. I hope they are setting something up, cause right now they are treading water.

I don't see what your not getting. We already know Ando's power enhances other peoples powers. The story line this volume is nathan trying to lock them up, and the heroes fighting back it is named "fugitives". And also Sylar trying to find his dad. Which is what were getting. There is no doubt in my mind though that the kid is sylar's brother.

Kring wants to simplify the show which is why those old characters will never come back, the copy cat...etc, and wants this volume to be able to be watched with no prior knowledge of the other ones to gain viewership.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 17, 2009 -> 09:00 PM)

i believe the thinking on Peter is with him and Sylar having all theo powers it was almost a standoff if/when those two meet. Reducing Peter to one power at a time makes Sylar that much more of a bad-ass. and after the neutering Sylar had over the last couple of years...it's good to see. I like seeing him try to contain his rage towards the kid he's with now. he's gonna explode soon but it's just a matter of who's around when it happens.

Since they already showed Ando in the future with a power and fighting with Hiro, they have started to build that up. I liked hiro early on but now i'm cringing ever time he's on screen. Still waiting to see about Parkman and his 'super-baby'.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Feb 20, 2009 -> 08:00 AM)
I say he dies in 5 weeks, which is the perfect way to the original cast back together...

I agree 100%. It would be the perfect way to end things. I admit they totally had me fooled, when he said his wife was still in Paris, I was thinking divorce. Until they showed him strapped in for chemo, I was totally not thinking cancer.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 20, 2009 -> 09:15 AM)
I agree 100%. It would be the perfect way to end things. I admit they totally had me fooled, when he said his wife was still in Paris, I was thinking divorce. Until they showed him strapped in for chemo, I was totally not thinking cancer.

Was that for chemo or dialysis? Cuz remember when he and Lucy were attacked, I believe he lost a kidney as a result.

And i agree that his death would be a reason for the original cast to re-appear, but I think i would rather Carter not die.

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 21, 2009 -> 11:05 AM)
Lots of highlight clips. Andy returned, and then Conan gave a cool 10 minute thank you speech at the end.

All on nbc.com

I don't get all the drama of it. I mean he is just moving up an hour.