Some Cuban pitchers under 25

Cubano

QUOTE (Cubano @ Jan 3, 2009 -> 10:03 PM)
Some of these guys may leave Cuba any given day. I thought some of you may be inclined to know about them. There are some in that list that can jump to the big leagues right now.

http://cubanballplayers.blogspot.com/

1. Holguín Hounds LHP Aroldis Chapman (21 year old) 102 MPH

GAS !!! I think we can find a spot for this lefty in the pen right away. Someone call Kenny.

QUOTE (Sec101Row1 @ Jan 3, 2009 -> 11:38 PM)
1. Holguín Hounds LHP Aroldis Chapman (21 year old) 102 MPH

GAS !!! I think we can find a spot for this lefty in the pen right away. Someone call Kenny.

He is special. Somehow, they left him out of Beijing. Hopefully, we will see him in the WBC # 2. There was a rumor before Beijing that he was caught in one of the Holguin beaches with a group of people. This seemed suspicious to the Cuban government and left him off the team. I think this was just a rumor because he is playing now.

Edited by Cubano

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jan 4, 2009 -> 01:10 AM)
Damn I almost forgot about Mr. Gourriel. Ya, Chapman, Garcia, and Roibal (and to a lesser extent.. Lahara and Sanchez) look like something to keep an eye on. But Gourriel... :o

I am finishing one for the position players. Gourriel is having a monster season. He is the BA leader now and is second in homers. I guess he is mad because in Beijing he batted into double play to end the game with the bases loaded vs Korea in the gold medal game. Cuba lost 3x2.

Edited by Cubano