20th anniversary of the NES

GASHWOUND

Clu....try eBay.  I've bought numerous games on there, for about all my systems(bought a few games for my N64, bought like one big package of SNES games(I got both Griffey's, so that was worth it for me), and I got Castlevania and Bucky O'Hare(fun game, but is pretty easy and is quite corny) for NES.  I may have bought others, and I just can't recollect which ones.

They're also quite cheap too.

Do they sell NES systems that are still wrapped in the original packaging? That's what I'd want if I was going to invest in one -- I don't want one that's going to last a week. :)

Also, Zelda II was an extremely fun game. The Adventures of Link I think was its title. I also liked Metroid.

NES ruled!!!

You mean this kind of thing?

link

Yeah, they have some new ones. Well, maybe not new, but refurbished ones.

However, if possible, you would probably want to get it insured. I bought an XBox off of eBay, didn't get it insured(because I couldn't), and the first one I received did not work(I figure probably because it was in a box, and the box was thrown up onto the UPS truck, and then something broke inside). I got another one, and that one did work, and I'm happy.

Not saying that kind of thing will happen(because NES's are much more durable systems then XBox's are....I've beaten the s*** out of my NES, and it works OK, considering it is like 13 years old).

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a video game nut from the early to mid 80's. As for NES, I loved me some Contra, River City Ransom and Ninja Gaiden. BUT, I also love the classic arcade games....Tempest...Burger Time...ahh, the memories...I still have an old NES tucked away for those Tecmo Bowl needs

I remember Burger Time.. :headbang

That was the greatest system ever.  So many of the games were great, and it just proved the point that a game does not need good graphics to be fun.

Tecmo Super Bowl was definately great, and I was always a fan of the Mega Man series.  I have Mega Man 1, 4, and 6, and have also played 2 and 3.  I have never gotten my hands on Mega Man 5.  Also, I have beaten all 5 games that I have played.

Mega man series was great..It's been so long playing that I get confused on what game was the best..In my mind it's one big blur..I just remember lovin it :headbang

any of your guys remember a system called Intellivision? it was my first system and it was pretty boss.

anyway, ma sold it at a garage sale while i was at college. i think she got $10 for the system and at least 30 games. broke my heart :angry:

any of your guys remember a system called Intellivision?

Hmm, never heard of it :huh:

When did that come out? and who made it?

Geez, all this talk of Nintendo is making me want to buy one that works and play all of these great games.  Anyone know if they are available, and the cost?

I have one in my closet, but like Spiff said..its freezes up and you know how much you had to blow into the system and blow in the game to get it to f***in work that you'd be out of breathe and frustrated as hell when it finally did work??? Well, last time I did attempt to play SMB 3(about 7 months ago), it took me about 45 minutes(maybe more) to actually get it to work..

and the picture was all blockey..and I was about to take off with Mario and his raccoon tail when the s*** just froze..so I just dumped the s*** back in my closet.. :angry:

That thing needs a serious cleaning :rolleyes:

i have an NES in my closet that works, but whenever I take it out it freezes up and gets all blocky etc right in the middle of the game and i remember why i put it back.

you can probably find one at a Funcoland around where you live. that or a smaller, local video game store.

Yep, they still seel Nintendo systems there..but you gotta call first to make sure..I bet they don't have many if it all..

But they do sell just about all the games and s*** for the system at Funcoland..

They range from about 50 cents to about $10 bucks(tops)

Which is amazin, when we bought them they were $40 bucks.. :)

Here's a little info on the intellivision

Intellivision

What the f***?!?! I never seen or even heard of this system..Did they sell these in regular stores or specialty stores or what?

I was a big gaming jeez and I would've maybe heard of it..Hmmm..interesting

How much did it cost??? I forget how mych the NES cost trying to think right now.. :huh:

I have one in my closet, but like Spiff said..its freezes up and you know how much you had to blow into the system and blow in the game to get it to f***in work that you'd be out of breathe and frustrated as hell when it finally did work??? Well, last time I did attempt to play SMB 3(about 7 months ago), it took me about 45 minutes(maybe more) to actually get it to work..

and the picture was all blockey..and I was about to take off with Mario and his raccoon tail when the s*** just froze..so I just dumped the s*** back in my closet.. :angry:

That thing needs a serious cleaning :rolleyes:

lol yeh you get wicked dizzy blowing on the games, into the system etc. then it locks up anyway and starts blinking and s***, not worth the hassle. it was fun while it lasted though.

Intellivision

What the f***?!?! I never seen or even heard of this system..Did they sell these in regular stores or specialty stores or what?

How much did it cost??? I forget how mych the NES cost trying to think right now.. :huh:

When NES came out, I believe it was like $100. Am I imagining things? I know that it was a BIG deal to me when I got one, so it must not have been cheap.

Intellivision

When NES came out, I believe it was like $100. Am I imagining things? I know that it was a BIG deal to me when I got one, so it must not have been cheap.

s***..$100 bucks back when NES was out was a whole bunch....We're paying well over $300 for systems now..so $100 looks cheap..but that was alot

Well worth it though :huh:

Intellivision

s***..$100 bucks back when NES was out was a whole bunch....We're paying well over $300 for systems now..so $100 looks cheap..but that was alot

I'm talking to a buddy of mine on the phone, and he guessed $79 when they first came out. I'd say it's somewhere between that and $100.

Also..here's that I can remeber that were great..

games like Kung FU, Jordan VS Bird, NARC, marble madness, Tyson's punchout, Skate or Die, Strider, and TMNT:the arcade game and s*** like that

I found these screen shots of some games that might bring back memories

legend_of_zelda.jpg

Legend of Zelda

tecmo_super_bowl.jpg

Tecmo Super Bowl

ninja_gaiden.jpg

Ninja Gaiden

castlevania3.jpg

Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse

mega_man2.jpg

Mega Man 2

mega_man3.jpg

Mega Man 3

contra.jpg

Contra

:headbang :headbang

I'll post more if I can find them!

and you guys can post some if you can find any..

Actually seeing the visuals may bring some memories back of the game :cheers

Baseball Stars was freaking awesome.  I never knew anyone else who had the game, but that was freaking tight. 

That was the game made by SNEK right? or something like that.

SNK, yes. I loved that game.

Yes, their was like that Yankees team and then the girls softball team. I always picked the girls team :D

Contra would probably be on my all time best games I played..maybe my top 5..

I loved that game..and with the 2 player mode you can blow s*** up together :headbang

Up, Down, Left Right, Up Down, A B, A B select start or something like that. Unlimited lifes :headbang

I loved that game..and with the 2 player mode you can blow s*** up together :headbang

Up, Down, Left Right, Up Down, A B, A B select start or something like that. Unlimited lifes :headbang

I remember..it was like, Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start :headbang :rolleyes:

I remember..it was like, Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start :headbang :rolleyes:

I think that may be right.

Anyone remember Streets of Rage?

I do remember, but I would have to see a screen shot or something to help jog my memory

I played about I say 85% of all NES games, but playing that many like I said earlier..everything is a blur.

Intellivision

I'm talking to a buddy of mine on the phone, and he guessed $79 when they first came out. I'd say it's somewhere between that and $100.

Hmm, that $79 bucks does sound familiar..I think that was the cost