Who would you rather have?

whitesoxbrian

Q/D  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Morneau/Mauer
    • Dye/Quentin

Quentin suffers from having only 1 year under his belt. If Carlos Quentin of 2008 is the Carlos Quentin we'll get for 4 more years, I'll take Quentin as an individual, no doubt. I think people don't realize how truly great of a year the guy had last year. That said I doubt he's likely to hit THAT well in the future, while I believe Mauer will only get better. If I was starting a team, I would take Mauer, Morneau, Quentin, and then Dye quite a bit later. Mauer is youngest, has best OBP and plays the most difficult position. But frankly, Quentin outslugged Mauer by a TON last year, and had an obp only 17 points lower, and if Quentin has another similar year, hes in the top handful of players I'd build my team around.

that also shouldn't shortchange morneau....I honestly only give the edge to Q and Mauer because they get on base a bit better, but morneau could just as easily throw up a .400 obp year also

Edited by daa84