Surprise!... Hamas Supporters Use Children as Human Shields

EvilMonkey

I suppose the supporters are just mimicing Hamas by using kids as shields. Pro-Hamas demonstrators used children as "human shields" in the anti-Israel demonstration this past Saturday. The demonstration devolves into riots, with the children in the front lines crying. Why is it that when the religion of peace stages peacefull prtests, they always break out in violence?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iktdJVFpMrw...player_embedded

Edited by Alpha Dog

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jan 12, 2009 -> 05:41 AM)
I suppose the supporters are just mimicing Hamas by using kids as shields. Pro-Hamas demonstrators used children as "human shields" in the anti-Israel demonstration this past Saturday. The demonstration devolves into riots, with the children in the front lines crying. Why is it that when the religion of peace stages peacefull prtests, they always break out in violence?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iktdJVFpMrw...player_embedded

I can't see the video at work, but I assume this is the pro-Palestinian riot in NY? If so, then it should be noted that the riot started when one of the protestors got in a fight with someone who didn't like the protest, and it devolved from there. And I saw no mention of children in the articles I saw.

Maybe this is something else?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 12, 2009 -> 07:45 AM)
I can't see the video at work, but I assume this is the pro-Palestinian riot in NY? If so, then it should be noted that the riot started when one of the protestors got in a fight with someone who didn't like the protest, and it devolved from there. And I saw no mention of children in the articles I saw.

Maybe this is something else?

No, this one was in Oslo, I believe. Watch the video later, you see children covered in (fake?) blood being held out in front of adults as they approach the police line and try to break thru, and some people start tossing fireworks into the police line, and just a complete mess.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jan 12, 2009 -> 07:51 AM)
No, this one was in Oslo, I believe. Watch the video later, you see children covered in (fake?) blood being held out in front of adults as they approach the police line and try to break thru, and some people start tossing fireworks into the police line, and just a complete mess.

OK, I'll watch it later.

But I'll say again, this sort of thing being labeled as specific to Islam is entirely inaccurate. I could easily start a "crusade" of noting every time a Christian person does something horrifically stupid, and pointing out the "religion of stupidity", or some such nonsense. It gets us nowhere, and misses the point entirely.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 12, 2009 -> 07:54 AM)
OK, I'll watch it later.

But I'll say again, this sort of thing being labeled as specific to Islam is entirely inaccurate. I could easily start a "crusade" of noting every time a Christian person does something horrifically stupid, and pointing out the "religion of stupidity", or some such nonsense. It gets us nowhere, and misses the point entirely.

And stupidity and violence do not equal each other. What is the worst thing a Christian group has tried to do lately? ban a book? And abortion clinic bombers dont count because they weren't supported by any mainstream christian church. And the crusades go too far back. Dunk a crucifix in piss and what do you get? Stern words from Christians and maybe a boycot of the gallery. Dunk a stautue of Muhamed in piss and what do you get? No more gallery, no more artist, riots in the street, if the artist was jewish you would have temples vandalized and/or burned. At every pro-Pali protest you see signs calling for the death of jews, sometimes the death of America, and so on. Go to a Pro-Israel rally, you will see counter protesors trying to start fights with the Jews. You say recognizing this sort of behavior and publishing it gets us no where. I say ignoring it gets us no where. The average person needs to see this crap coming from the Islam side, but instead all they get are fed reports of Israel shooting missles into Gaza. Barely a mention of the non-stop rocket attacks the weeks preceding, which were supposed to be a cease-fire. And then you get headlines like "Israel ignores call for a truce!", while completely ignoring the fact that hamas als ignores that same call, at least until they are out of ammo. THEN they want the truce so they can have time to rearm.

I am really sort of suprised that there hasn't been a thread about Israel invading Gaza yet. Is it because even Israel's detractors can see that enough is enough? "Get the Jews out of gaza and there will be peace", they said. They have been out for 3 years, and the rocket attacks number in the thousands. The whole difference between the two sides there is that if the terrorists were to lay down their arms tomorrow and start being peacefull, the Pali's would have a paradise, by comparison to today, within 2 years and the Israeli's would keep to themselves. If the Israeli's were to lay down their arms tomorrow, there would be no more Israel by the end of the week.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 12, 2009 -> 08:07 AM)
Islam's got its whole other set of behavior that's a problem that doesn't have anything to do with human shields or whatever, it's a little too deep for me to be able to explain quickly.

Islam needs to modernize itself and get out of the 12th century.

I'm beyond caring about Israel or the Palestinians anymore. Same s*** every couple of years, and the Israelis are not choir boys either.

There is almost no difference between the two of them at this point. They are both way in the wrong.

I mean, we knew something was going to happen. All we were hearing in Sept. and Nov is how if something big doesn't happen soon the two state solution is dead in the water. Really, the Palestinians had their best shot with Olmert. Now, a total hawk is going to be elected, and there will for sure be no peace accords. Granted, his career was over, which allowed him a certain candidness, but he advised giving back land won in the war. You certainly won't get this if Netanyahu wins again.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jan 12, 2009 -> 10:08 AM)
There is almost no difference between the two of them at this point. They are both way in the wrong.

I sort of agree, but there is only so much you take in Israel's case. They get fired upon every day by the terrorists from Hamas and at some point you break and don't take it anymore and go on the offensive. It takes one terrorist attack against the US to go on a major military offensive, but when it takes hundreds of attacks on Israel to get them to go on a major offensive, we criticize, makes no sense to me.

Both are to blame. The problem is that when Hamas fires a rocket into Israel they are condemned and rightfully so. Whe Israel fires rockets into schools in Gaza nothing is said.

Saying that I have no answers on this. It can seem so endless.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jan 12, 2009 -> 09:12 AM)
And stupidity and violence do not equal each other. What is the worst thing a Christian group has tried to do lately? ban a book? And abortion clinic bombers dont count because they weren't supported by any mainstream christian church. And the crusades go too far back. Dunk a crucifix in piss and what do you get? Stern words from Christians and maybe a boycot of the gallery. Dunk a stautue of Muhamed in piss and what do you get? No more gallery, no more artist, riots in the street, if the artist was jewish you would have temples vandalized and/or burned. At every pro-Pali protest you see signs calling for the death of jews, sometimes the death of America, and so on. Go to a Pro-Israel rally, you will see counter protesors trying to start fights with the Jews. You say recognizing this sort of behavior and publishing it gets us no where. I say ignoring it gets us no where. The average person needs to see this crap coming from the Islam side, but instead all they get are fed reports of Israel shooting missles into Gaza. Barely a mention of the non-stop rocket attacks the weeks preceding, which were supposed to be a cease-fire. And then you get headlines like "Israel ignores call for a truce!", while completely ignoring the fact that hamas als ignores that same call, at least until they are out of ammo. THEN they want the truce so they can have time to rearm.

I am really sort of suprised that there hasn't been a thread about Israel invading Gaza yet. Is it because even Israel's detractors can see that enough is enough? "Get the Jews out of gaza and there will be peace", they said. They have been out for 3 years, and the rocket attacks number in the thousands. The whole difference between the two sides there is that if the terrorists were to lay down their arms tomorrow and start being peacefull, the Pali's would have a paradise, by comparison to today, within 2 years and the Israeli's would keep to themselves. If the Israeli's were to lay down their arms tomorrow, there would be no more Israel by the end of the week.

Ultimately, the single biggest reason why Israel/Palestine is such a mess is the really bad decision made to create the Israeli state in that location and in that way, in the first place.

But dealing in the present... I have a very simple belief on this sort of thing: if you make it about religion, no matter the religion, you lose. It never, ever results in anything good. The best possible thing to do is focus on actions and behavior, as if it were crime. You then act against that. Comparing bad acts of religions is pointless - they don't represent the entire population of those religions, nor even their beliefs. The bad acts are people using religion as an excuse.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 12, 2009 -> 08:13 AM)
I mean, we knew something was going to happen. All we were hearing in Sept. and Nov is how if something big doesn't happen soon the two state solution is dead in the water. Really, the Palestinians had their best shot with Olmert. Now, a total hawk is going to be elected, and there will for sure be no peace accords. Granted, his career was over, which allowed him a certain candidness, but he advised giving back land won in the war. You certainly won't get this if Netanyahu wins again.

Olmert? Between the corruption in his government, his internal weakness, the split in the Palestinian government, and the casual opposition to so many people in the U.S. to a peace accord, he really didn't have a chance even if he wanted to organize a peace accord.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 12, 2009 -> 12:28 PM)
Olmert? Between the corruption in his government, his internal weakness, the split in the Palestinian government, and the casual opposition to so many people in the U.S. to a peace accord, he really didn't have a chance even if he wanted to organize a peace accord.

Yet, even still, he was their best shot.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 12, 2009 -> 10:41 AM)
Both are to blame. The problem is that when Hamas fires a rocket into Israel they are condemned and rightfully so. Whe Israel fires rockets into schools in Gaza nothing is said.

Nothing is said?? What news are you watching?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 12, 2009 -> 01:11 PM)
Nothing is said?? What news are you watching?

I think he means by Western governments, the strongest thing that is ever said to Israel is a glorified "hey guys can you try not to do that, thanks, if it's too much trouble no big deal though" when they get rebuked.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 12, 2009 -> 10:55 AM)
I think he means by Western governments, the strongest thing that is ever said to Israel is a glorified "hey guys can you try not to do that, thanks, if it's too much trouble no big deal though" when they get rebuked.

And by "Western Government" you basically mean the United States.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 12, 2009 -> 12:55 PM)

Ah, that I could understand.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 12, 2009 -> 10:41 AM)

To echo ss2k, what planet are you living on? Show me ONE condemnation of Hamas in the UN. You might actually find one. I'll show you HUNDREDS condemning Israel for DEFENDING itself. As for Israel attacking schools, get the f***ing rocket launchers out of schools and they dont get hit! Shooting rockets from a school is against all the so-called rules of war, but are they called on it? Maybe on your planet, but not on this one.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 12, 2009 -> 12:55 PM)

Yes I meant Western goverments. Which is the United States, but also the media. I think they are afraid to criticize Israel.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jan 12, 2009 -> 03:00 PM)
To echo ss2k, what planet are you living on? Show me ONE condemnation of Hamas in the UN. You might actually find one. I'll show you HUNDREDS condemning Israel for DEFENDING itself. As for Israel attacking schools, get the f***ing rocket launchers out of schools and they dont get hit! Shooting rockets from a school is against all the so-called rules of war, but are they called on it? Maybe on your planet, but not on this one.

So let me ask you this. Do you think that Israel has ever done anything wrong? Are they 100% justified in what is happening right now?