Surprise!... Hamas Supporters Use Children as Human Shields

EvilMonkey

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 12, 2009 -> 04:19 PM)
Yes I meant Western goverments. Which is the United States, but also the media. I think they are afraid to criticize Israel.

In United States politics there is a uniform standard of language to use when discussing Israel publicly. You probably notice there is virtually no difference between Democrats and Republicans as far as policy goes. The party line there is the same. It's really bizarre how strict the support has to be, if you even so much as deviate from the standard phrases that's almost as bad as condemning Israel's actions. It seems you're allowed a certain number of slaps on the wrist when they do something bad, but don't overdo it.

Obama giving his speech in front of AIPAC during the Democratic primaries was so surreal to me that it was funny. You can't be taken seriously as an American politician without having hardcore support for Israel.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 12, 2009 -> 03:23 PM)
So let me ask you this. Do you think that Israel has ever done anything wrong? Are they 100% justified in what is happening right now?

No, of course they have done things wrong. But because they have done some things wrong does not put them anywhere near the same plane as Hamas and the other terrorist assholes. There is no moral equivilency here. As for what they are doing right now? I hope they kill every damn terrorist there, and take all the people and ship their asses off to Jordan, take over Gaza for their own. About time the Pali's there stopped being a victim and did something positive, other than trying to blow people up. It is a little fuzzy to me, but I thought I recall that the very first plan called for the state of israel to encompass what is not Gaza, West Bank, Israel and Jordan, but the arabs b****ed and moaned loud enough to get Israel reduced to a mere sliver. If the arab world loves the Pali's so much, they should take them in and be done with it. There are not THAT many people there that they can't be spread out among the various countries. But then the other arab nations wouldn't have their 'victim' to bleat about to the world.

I'm not really up to date on this as I try to avoid the news as much as possible now, but I don't see any problems with anyone bombing the s*** out of Hamas. Hamas is no good scum, and should be have the s*** bombed out of them. If civilians die, oh well, get used to it. It's freaking WAR! Sure, it sucks for the innocent people who are harmed and killed, and I do truly feel sorry for them and hope God has mercy on their souls, but war isn't suppossed to be pleasant. And when you have terrorists like Hamas using public places and schools as hideouts for their operations, there isn't much of a choice.

Call me callas, call me cold hearted, call me whatever, but terrorist scum like Hamas needs to be destroyed.

Edited by BearSox

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jan 12, 2009 -> 03:35 PM)
I'm not really up to date on this as I try to avoid the news as much as possible now, but I don't see any problems with anyone bombing the s*** out of Hamas. Hamas is no good scum, and should be have the s*** bombed out of them. If civilians die, oh well, get used to it. It's freaking WAR! Sure, it sucks for the innocent people who are harmed and killed, and I do truly feel sorry for them and hope God has mercy on their souls, but war isn't suppossed to be pleasant. And when you have terrorists like Hamas using public places and schools as hideouts for their operations, there isn't much of a choice.

Call me callas, call me cold hearted, call me whatever, but terrorist scum like Hamas needs to be destroyed.

I think its easy to sit over here and say "Bomb the s*** out of them" "Kill'em all". Because you never have and never will have to watch your childern bombed. I think if you had to walk in someone elses shoes, you would sing a different tune.

To what Alph dog was saying. Move them out? Kill them? How far does it go. How about we just kill all palestinians. Problem solved right? Its a nice final solution.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 12, 2009 -> 03:38 PM)
You really can't just eradicate terrorism by killing more people though, it doesn't work like that and is much more complicated. Unless your plan is to basically kill everyone.

You can't, but you can severely limit it.

Edited by BearSox

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 12, 2009 -> 03:43 PM)
I think its easy to sit over here and say "Bomb the s*** out of them" "Kill'em all". Because you never have and never will have to watch your childern bombed. I think if you had to walk in someone elses shoes, you would sing a different tune.

To what Alph dog was saying. Move them out? Kill them? How far does it go. How about we just kill all palestinians. Problem solved right? Its a nice final solution.

I hope to God that I have never have to watch any of my loved ones bombed. But with all these terrorists who despise America, and constant plots to attack us, it's us or them. And I don't know about you, but I choose them. That's how Isreal feels right now, us or them.

I would love to live in a world filled with love and peace, but the easiest way for me to put this, people suck. It's just the way we are.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 12, 2009 -> 03:43 PM)
Kill them? How far does it go. How about we just kill all palestinians. Problem solved right? Its a nice final solution.

That seems to be the goal of Hamas, and the arab world in general. And with everyone screaming about 'proportional' responses, why not?

(For the record, I am being a smartass here, to a degree. )

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jan 12, 2009 -> 03:35 PM)

So, you don't have any idea what's going on, but you are OK with bombing the s*** out of a mostly civilian population as a response?

Why bother discussing it or posting in the thread if you can't be bothered to have a clue what is going on? If you want to ignore it, ignore it.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jan 12, 2009 -> 03:55 PM)
That seems to be the goal of Hamas, and the arab world in general. And with everyone screaming about 'proportional' responses, why not?

(For the record, I am being a smartass here, to a degree. )

I hope so, given the bolded. That's a billion or so people you just indicted.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jan 12, 2009 -> 01:00 PM)
To echo ss2k, what planet are you living on? Show me ONE condemnation of Hamas in the UN. You might actually find one. I'll show you HUNDREDS condemning Israel for DEFENDING itself. As for Israel attacking schools, get the f***ing rocket launchers out of schools and they dont get hit! Shooting rockets from a school is against all the so-called rules of war, but are they called on it? Maybe on your planet, but not on this one.

Too lazy to look for more than one. But hey, it's less than 3 weeks old. And on the specific matter that the Israelis used as their reason to start their bombing campaign.

The ongoing rocket attacks by Palestinian Authority terrorists in Gaza have drawn some unusual reactions. The United Nations Secretary-General condemned PA rocket attacks, while the far-left Meretz-New Movement Party has called for "uncompromising" military action in Gaza.

In a statement issued by his spokesperson on Wednesday, UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon "condemns today's rocket attacks on southern Israel." He "is gravely concerned about the situation in Gaza and southern Israel and the potential for further violence and civilian suffering if calm is not restored."

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jan 12, 2009 -> 04:49 PM)
You can't, but you can severely limit it.

No. You can't.

You can cut off a branch but until you address the roots the branches will just keep growing back, sometimes with more than one in its place. You can hack furiously all you want and think you're making tons of progress but you really aren't doing anything.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 12, 2009 -> 04:33 PM)
Too lazy to look for more than one. But hey, it's less than 3 weeks old. And on the specific matter that the Israelis used as their reason to start their bombing campaign.

You know, on this specific matter that started this, I have to admit I was very suprised when some high ranking Egyptian came out and said that Hamas screwed up here and is to blame. Of course, Hamas was calling for his head right after that, and he was forced to 'clarify his position', but he did have a moment of clarity there in realizing the problem in the area. Maybe it is because they hate the Pali's too, and have no problem showing it by arming their wall with soldiers. Or maybe it's because Israel kicked their ass inthe last war and could do it again. I dunno.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jan 12, 2009 -> 02:52 PM)
You know, on this specific matter that started this, I have to admit I was very suprised when some high ranking Egyptian came out and said that Hamas screwed up here and is to blame. Of course, Hamas was calling for his head right after that, and he was forced to 'clarify his position', but he did have a moment of clarity there in realizing the problem in the area. Maybe it is because they hate the Pali's too, and have no problem showing it by arming their wall with soldiers. Or maybe it's because Israel kicked their ass inthe last war and could do it again. I dunno.

If Israel really touched the Egyptians after actually signing a treaty with them decades ago, they'd unleash all hell.

What has really happened is that Israel has maintained a blockade (an act of war btw) of Hamas for the last several months, and every so often a group of starving people finds a way to break through to the Egyptian side and becomes refugees there. Like just about every country, the Egyptians don't want a flood of refugees across their border as Israel tries to starve the people out of Gaza, so they aren't exactly in the business of trying to strengthen Hamas right now.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 12, 2009 -> 03:58 PM)
So, you don't have any idea what's going on, but you are OK with bombing the s*** out of a mostly civilian population as a response?

Why bother discussing it or posting in the thread if you can't be bothered to have a clue what is going on? If you want to ignore it, ignore it.

I know the gist of it, and frankly, if they are killing Hamas terrorists, I'm all for it.

Edited by BearSox

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3653936,00.html Rockets hit Beersheba as youths head to school

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3653238,00.html Am Israeli reporter embedded with the tropps makes this observation:

The family suddenly notices the cameras, and immediately, the expression on their faces changes. "We have no food," they say in Arabic, as one of the youngsters suggests we interview him in English about their plight. Givati troops are extremely concerned about being portrayed as abusing innocent civilians. Perry points to a stack of canned goods, water bottles and other provisions. "We provided some of that and they cook and eat quite well," he said. The Palestinians seem to understand him and one of them smiles. It's a war – they had to try.

IDF has video footage of Hamas trying to fire a rocket from a schoolyard, DURING the supposed cease fire.

Hamas booby traps a school, and a sick looking zoo.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 12, 2009 -> 07:15 PM)
You have the same "kill all" attitude that you despise in your enemy.

lol, are you really comparing me, and pretty much others like me, to Hamas? You're nuts!

I don't want to kill anyone, but because terrorists want to kill us, and every one who doesn't agree with them, there's only one choice, them or us. LOL, do you HONESTLY have any idea what you're saying?

Yeah, you busted me... In fact, I secretly want to go kill everyone in England because I don't like their style of comedy. You don't like it, I'll kill you to.

Edited by BearSox

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jan 12, 2009 -> 07:22 PM)
lol, are you really comparing me, and pretty much others like me, to Hamas? You're nuts!

I don't want to kill anyone, but because terrorists want to kill us, and every one who doesn't agree with them, there's only one choice, them or us. LOL, do you HONESTLY have any idea what you're saying?

Yeah, you busted me... In fact, I secretly want to go kill everyone in England because I don't like their style of comedy. You don't like it, I'll kill you to.

Perhaps he was pointing it out because you just finished saying that you wanted to bomb the s*** out of their territory, despite the fact that you know next to nothing (by your own admission) about what is going on. Its actually a pretty good parallel. You want an eye for an eye - you see terrorists kill people, so you want to kill people too. You specifically stated "If civilians die, oh well, get used to it." to civilians dying as a result. Sounds a lot like the justifications you might hear Hamas use.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jan 12, 2009 -> 07:22 PM)

seriesly