Surprise!... Hamas Supporters Use Children as Human Shields

EvilMonkey

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 13, 2009 -> 11:01 AM)
This is getting awfully personal, let's take it back a couple of notches (i.e., not telling someone what kind of person they are, that is a road this thread doesn't need to go down).

I find condoning civilian casualties equally awful.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 13, 2009 -> 12:03 PM)
I find condoning civilian casualties equally awful.

There are more civil ways to say that though, we're all adults here, or at least close to it.

edit: and I agree with that premise because a terrorist would also condone civilian casualties claiming their actions are legit

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jan 13, 2009 -> 12:04 PM)
I'm just going after the whole good vs. evil myth of war which does not exist at all.

It sometimes does exist, but yeah in most cases where it's claimed to be, it's just glorified nationalist propaganda. Countries act out of their own interests, sometimes those interests compete. There are other factors involved which sometimes make one side legit and the other not, but in the end, it's war, and people are getting killed, and making people suffer and/or die is the whole point.

It sometimes does exist, but yeah in most cases where it's claimed to be, it's just glorified nationalist propaganda. Countries act out of their own interests, sometimes those interests compete. There are other factors involved which sometimes make one side legit and the other not, but in the end, it's war, and people are getting killed, and making people suffer and/or die is the whole point.

I'm not sure it ever does. If you win you were the good guys, if you lost you were the bad guys... regardless of whatever actually happened.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jan 13, 2009 -> 12:10 PM)
I'm not sure it ever does. If you win you were the good guys, if you lost you were the bad guys... regardless of whatever actually happened.

It's always been funny to me how we in the Western world viewed the Communist empire as this oppressive, evil entity and we were some righteous beacon of hope for the world... but if you asked some eastern nationalist they would've told you the exact same thing about us (of course that doesn't apply to poor people, they're the exception).

The bottom line is everybody's looking out for #1.

Edited by lostfan

The behavior and thought patterns are universal. And to expand beyond the narrowcast of Duke's comments, everyone here would be radically different if growing up in a war zone where these are not abstract concepts. Both sides are chanting kill them before they kill us. So based on where you live in that region, killing before you are killed is real.

Hamas also steals the aid intended for their 'people'.

http://www.usnews.com/blogs/sam-dealey/200...-to-follow.html

Hamas on Monday raided some 100 aid trucks that Israel had allowed into Gaza, stole their contents and sold them to the highest bidders.

... Since the beginning of Operation Cast Lead, the IDF has facilitated the transfer of close to 900 trucks into the Gaza Strip with over 20,000 tons of basic food and medical supplies.